Personal View site logo
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @GravitateMediaGroup if i think i'm doing something wrong it would be pretty stupid to try and correct or hide it first, and i didn't even have neat video, now i do tho, and because of your previous comment i forced myself to learn colorista II, so look at the video again tomorrow if you want to see it corrected

@driftwood wich setting? anyone?

• @kalabalina the thing is, you don't even need colorista to make the corrections. and neat video isn't going to fix your colors, so I'm not sure why you mentioning it has to do with anything, I know it's mentioned in the tutorial. Colorista is a good plugin, but I've never been in a situations where I said to myself "I HAVE to use colorista on this" 3 way is built into premire and pretty much every other NLE. and how can you be "wrong" about making the corrections, that you didn't attempt in the first place?

I ride bmx, shoot bmx videos, and snowboard videos, I seen the same tutorial you posted about 6 months ago. everything he says is pretty much spot on, and if you didn't understand something, watch it as many times as it takes to figure it out, or look up some other "color correction" tutorials.

• @heradicattor @driftwood +1 for a set of B&W specific hacks. When you have time of course! You spoil us...

• Just wanted to know how to identify sharp hacks vs soft ones. I have all 3rd party lenses. Right now I am using Intravenus II 444.

• Hi everybody, can someone tell me witch preset (in the last one published) have the cinema matrice? Thanks.

• @driftwood tried moon it's so good. But I couldn't judge the quality. It feels almost like intravenus ll. does it has anymore update to come? How can I differentiate them? Can I use moon in wide shots? Or it must not like intravenus?? Do intravenus ll has a update which makes it capable of handling wide shots??

• @rajamalik 'moon' is better overall for the array of wide to tight detail scenes than intravenus. Intravenus, however, for in tight full facials works incredibly well though. With moon, we're spreading the bitrate evenly which intravenus cannot do.

• @driftwood I'm having a recurring problem with AN Boom v1. The audio is being recorded in a choppy manner, so you can't make out what's being said. I tried putting back the Panasonic stock firmware and then put back on AN Boom. Problem still persists. (I'm shooting in 24P).

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Has anyone else experinced this?

Thank you.

• @matt_gh2 choppy audio means hi - quality video - your decoder on your pc/mac/television/sometimes even playing back in camera cannot cope with the hi bitrate hence why audio appears to be choppy. Rest assured in the nle its fine. What puter you using? Downloading a codec pack like K-Lite for Win may help.

My Pany TV does the same for hi bitrate stuff :-) But its fine in reality in the NLE.

• @driftwood Just wanted to know where to locate the scaling matrix. I am going to try "Moon". Would that be a suitable patch for 3rd party lenses? Thanks I am a bit new to all of this.

• @thejones scaling matrices are in patches for testers in ptools. moon is excellent for all lenses. Its just that the 14-140 Pany lenses is now the defacto standard test lens as its so sharp and with the added mechanics require perfect measuring to work. If it works on that - itll work on anything.

• @driftwood Ok sounds good - will confirm in NLE. I use Adobe CS6 on a Windows 7 PC (2.2 ghz quad core and 16GB RAM). I was having trouble with in camera playback. Is there any solution that might solve it for in camera playback? I ask because we review our takes quickly by playing back the scene/shot in the camera. Thanks.

• GH3onaGH2 setting, 24H

• Driftwood Cluster v7 'Apocalypse Now' - 6 GOP Nebula '444 Soft' matrix

• My first more serious work. 1 man job :) Intravenus v2. Panasonic f/1.7 20mm, Nikon f/1.8 50mm, Walimex T/1.5 35mm. Own built 6' slider. Premiere Pro, AE, Mocha, Resolve Lite, Magic Bullet Colorista, Magic Bullet Denoiser, Video Copilot Optical Flares

• @benzopilas Sweet. Those lens flare works well for a theatrical feel – I bet the client loved it.

• @driftwood Nick is Lowrider still in development? I had one spanning test at iso3200(!) and it spanned until the card got full without any issues in autofocus mode with 20m f1.7 using the 16gb/95mb/s san disk. Obviously things were noisy at this iso but at lower ones the image was really good and gradable. Rates were between 80's to 140.

• @benzopilas This looks great. Great controlled work. Slider played beautifully. May build my own slider and I was thinking around 6 feet as well. These 3 ft ones that are sold just aren't long enough. Thanks for posting.

• @benzopilas Really nice promo work sir.

• @benzopilas not related to the footage, which looked nice, you should switch over to compositing in linear-light + 32bit for doing your light streaks off text and other motion graphics elements. The flare plugin operates pretty well in standard modes but when you build your own, or using something like the lightburst plug-ins you really want to be doing that in linear-light mode and using the 'Add' blending mode. Just a sug.

• Thank you for your comments and your kind words everybody. The client loved it (especially that I did it for free of charge :) ). @BurnetRhoades, sorry but I'm not sure what do you mean by linear-light + 32bit? I'm only starting and there's so much to learn. Any tips and advices (and especially criticism) is much appreciated. Thank you. Oh, and I will post some pictures of the slider later.