Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood, would you believe thats is possible to do a settings with HI detail and optimized matrix for B&W? all those bits in color allocate in the Y channel... when recording B&W in camera, maybe its not bad... what you think?

• @heradicattor Yep, defo on the list.

• Hi, I am new to this and don't understand what the heck to do. I have ptools, and have been able to install previous hacks, but I am trying to download the zip files but they are only coming up as images, could someone help me with this? Thanks everyone. Sorry for not understanding!

• @maxmontea you can download the zip files when you are logged in :)

• @matt_gh2 that's a good news, but I usually patch my camera with topnotch patches, at present mostly using canis series and now into intravenus II. never tried low and mid range patches.i will try if it's Intra gop1 above 140mbit.anyway thank u for info.

• You should really thoroughly check out 'Moon' Trial 3 @rajamalik

• @maxmontea & Beginners: 'How to Download and install a hack

1. Log in like you have done to post a thread comment, go to the Hacks And Patches' threads (you'll see a list top right of this screen under Categories and select Top Settings. Check out the Driftwood threads - goto one of these threads and select page 1 (at the top the various hack settings are attached to each 'Setting' thread Comment - to download by right click saving as (to a destination of your choice on your computer).

2. Download to the same folder where ptools is and extract the hack from its zip. Make sure you have the original firmware GH2__V11.bin file from the Panasonic site also in the same folder.

3. Now run and open ptools from that folder by double clicking it. Now Load the Panasonic firmware (the one you downloaded from the Panasonic firmwares site labelled 'GH2__V11.bin ' for the GH2) into ptools before you do anything else. Notice whatever setx.ini has been downloaded and unzipped into your ptools folder now appears along the bottom as a highlighted letter in Green.

4. Click that letter to load that hack setting then simply save the newly hacked firmware to your sd card by clicking 'SAVE FIRMWARE' button bottom-right of ptools. When you save it call it GH2__V12.bin (ie one increment up from 11)

• BEFORE CONTINUING TO THE NEXT STAGE ENSURE YOU HAVE A FULLY CHARGED CAMERA BATTERY BEFORE YOU FLASH THE FIRMWARE.
    1. Insert SDcard into GH2 with the newly saved firmware and flash your camera with it by pressing the Camera's Play button and answering YES. DONT TOUCH ANYTHING ONCE YOU SELECT YES. LEAVE IT ALONE TILL ITS FLASHED THE CAMERA FULLY> Once finished it will return to view mode allowing you to record and try the new settings.

NOTE: Nothing changes in the cameras menus - but rest assured the bit rate and other encoder settings have been changed for better qualioty recordings.

• @weomck looks good. Do you prefer it to intravenus I ? What lens did you use.

• @driftwood, MONOCHROME setting! :D

• @driftwood yes sir i patched my camera to moon 3 now. i will test it tmrw. thank you for suggesting

• @emweb never used intravenus I that much so can't really comment. lens: Panny 100-300mm ~275mm f/8-f/11

• @driftwood Will ever be Quantum' GH3 Matrix Low cost Intra TRIAL 3 ????

• hello good people, i'm still using Apocalypse Now' - 6 GOP Nebula '444 Soft' just tried my new LED light, and i think it looks horrible, even after crushing the blacks or am i stupid for expecting more? any tips?

• @kalabalina So why do you think it looks horrible? From what I see you've pretty much done all you can do to make it look like shit. Shoot 60P at 125 shutter at night with a higher ISO. Probably didn't send it through and neat video type program. Used a crazy ass lens and I'm pretty sure that light you have gives of the worst green spike in the history of LEDs. And you used a setting that is designed for the sharper Pany lenses instead of one designed for 3rd party, softer lenses. Besides that, I can't imagine what's wrong with it.

• @kalabalina making sure your white balance is right from the start is important (i'm not saying that you don't already understand this) but a simple 3 way color corrector could fix this

this adjustment was made doing a print screen from vimeo, droping in photoshop, and making 1 adjustment. experiment with some color grading/correction

Untitled-1.jpg
    1277 x 1080 - 468K
  • Ok, so I was a little bit of a dick, before. Sorry about that but nothing is wrong with the hack. But yes, the light is really bad and you probably used the orange filter on the front that makes it worse. Also, try it with a SHARP hack instead of soft, maybe try 24p and drop your shutter to 40 or if you can stand it and use the camera well, 30. You'll be in a whole new ballpark. I'm not sure how sharp that lens is either. I thought it was just more of a novelty one.

• @vicharris yeah you shoot 60P at 125 using a fisheye when filming skateboarding at night, wich is what i intend to do, the samyang lenses are just as sharp as panasonics i've heard, but i guess there's nothing wrong with it then, it's just that i've seen it done with even higher iso and i thought it looked alot sharper, more detailed and less noisy

it's 3 minutes into this video if you want to compare

• Didn't know you were using it for skateboarding. Use the SHARP setting instead. There's a difference when using 3rd party lenses and native MFT lense. The SOFT is made for MFT and SHARP for 3rd party. Also LEE makes a 3200 gel that's made for LED's. It helps to take out the green spike. Might want to look at getting a sheet. You can order just a small piece.

• thanks guys, i will try it, that's how i used to do it before i got the light, 25fps 1/30 and then brighten it up in premiere, that looked better imo, maybe i should stop listening to "the pro's" and do that instead

• Nah, if you're shooting fast action you need the 60p. I just didn't know that's what you needed it for. If you have the money, maybe one of the 500 LED's they sell here or even the 312 will help out much better. Of course you'll needed someone else to be holding it next to you but they put out a shitload of light. I have two and the 312 actually.

• Can someone tell me why the settings file disappears after I log in?

• Fast action: Try out 'moon', Seriously.

• @kalabalina

if you have already watched a tutorial on how to correct these kinds of issues, what is the point of your post, and why wasn't the video you posted already corrected?