Personal View site logo
Cluster X: Series 1 - moon - ЅріzZ - nebula - drewnet - Slipstream
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @GravitateMediaGroup

Just bought it at the end of December so didn't do any yet.

• @sellig try it and see if it helps

• Ok, couldn't resist looking at the very few shots from today again (come on, aren't you guys up), ran through 5D2RGB this time, and am still wondering but thinking perhaps it's too much sharpness and the panasonic lens? I've never used other Driftwood settings but I seem to remember other patches had sharper and softer versions depending on the lens?

Below here the 1st shot has a bit of shallow depth of field going on and I'm seeing that wonderful 'Moon-ness' from the last week of testing that I'm liking so much, but the 2nd shot, again from the scene I posted above a wide where everything should be in focus and a lot is happening and it seems...'crunchy'?! to me? The edges of the truck cabin...not sure how to describe it. Back to trial 3 in the morning until you I get more chances to test or you guys convince me I'm crazy and blind.

Thanks again to Driftwood for all his hard work. Moon is amazing.

Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 11.22.56 PM.png
    2880 x 1234 - 5M
    Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 11.25.27 PM.png
    2880 x 1230 - 6M
  • @kellar42 have you tried a different lens? have you put trial 3 back on and test again?

• Here's a quick test I did to look at sharpness of Moon Trial 4. I may have botched it, but decided to post it anyways. Maybe it can help. It was shot in 24P with a 50mm Lomo lens on Smooth all -2, except Saturation at 0. Some consider Lomos soft, but I don't have problems getting as sharp as I want with this lens (the wider ones are soft for sure). Slight luma curve adjustment grade done to footage. The sky in this shot is all white...it really was all white out today...I saw it first on the LCD screen and said WTF and looked up...and the sky was all white - not a single cloud visible!

So for this shot, I tried to test to see if I could get a lot of detail in a lot of the shot, so in the opening shot, you will see a roof with shingles. I focused as sharp as I could on the shingles and then didn't touch the focus for the rest of the shot. The roof is 300-400 feet away. The closest tree was 30 feet. F stop at 11. ISO at 160. Shutter 1/50.

Perhaps I should've really focused and made the trees close to me super sharp to really test the Moon Trial 4 setting. If that would be helpful, let me know, and I will do. Hopefully this test helps in determing quality of Moon. If it's a botched test because I focused on something 400 ft away, sorry for any confusion.

@driftwood Earlier error of SD card having a "lost.dir" folder didn't occur in the 2 other test I did after that one, leading me to believe it had nothing to do with the Moon Trial 4 setting.

• I can use Moon with a SanDisk of 45mb/s or 30mb/s of 16GB?

• i film skateboarding what one would be best? i shoot 720 60p mostly.

THanks!

• 64GB, 95mb/s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• even 30MBs sandisk works better than 45Mbs version. do not use 45mbs. or try not to use it.

• 64GB, 95mb/s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moon Trial 3 runs stable even on San Disk 30MB/s (8GB) cards in 24H mode. Have not yet tested trial 4 ...

• How many times have we seen the people making these larger hacks to stay with the 64GB 95mb/s cards to be safe? That's what I'm talking about. This is not new information here guys.

• @cjdincer @vicharris: that only applies to the old 45mbps. The newer ones (sandisk extreme), which are available for more than a year now worked perfectly for every setting that i ever tried, even Sedna AQ1. Sometimes it does not span as reliable as faster cards, but no write errors or whatsoever.

• only hbr starts acting funny when ı pop in 45mbs which is bought recently. (it says Sandisk Extreme on it) (maybe my card is faulty) I am using the 30mbs one atm with moon t4. looks ok so far. but have to shoot more with T4 to say anything about moon.

• I found the solution to my import problem : I need to use Media Manager to wrap the MTS files before importing into FCPX as @puttydivision mentioned in a previous message (ClipWrap is working too but is not free). Here is the thread where it is explained in details : http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5349/question-gh2-avchd-timecode-corruption-on-import-into-fcpx/p1 (what is not explained is that you need to change rights to the Application Support folder in order to be able to add the needed preset for Media Manager).

@rajamalik : i will investigate further into 5DtoRGB. Thanks for the info.

• "64GB, 95mb/s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lol +1. Invested in 6 of these back when they were $200 a pop and have never looked back even though the price has been cut in half. If you get paid for your work, or hope to, don't trust your data to anything less.

Also, when testing experimental patches remember to do a low-level reformat of your card with SDformatter -- no point getting false negatives because of a card problem.

• @rajamalik

Thanks! This video was made by "TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5" and no color grading.

"Ѕріzz" is amazing settings.

@Mariella @HillTop1 @JeffGibbsTC

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the final version of "Ѕріzz".

• @har_k

Thanks always mate! :-)

I am further going to improve Spizz. Please look forward to it.

• Ok...jumped at Moon T4... from now very stable. I will check the footage this evenning.

Just want to say thanks to Nick, I´m a huge fan of his amazing settings. It was hard to leave Sedna's.

• @driftwood Thank u so much! Moon Trial 4 is superb. Is it sharpness or detail what actually picked up?? anyway its bit sharper than T3 patch, it plays well in camera, no audio break, everything seems working. above iso 500 it had visible noise. used Nost -2-2-2-2 profile.

vlcsnap-2013-02-14-21h59m47s130.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • @matt_gh2, Hey, It was shot around 5:15 PM North Of San Francisco. ISO was set at 160. When I work with the new patches i will always shoot under. In most cases, if I put them online, I expect someone to push the footage or video to its limits. The patch is quite and acomplishment by Driftwood and Vitaliy, quite amazing.. For the critical masses, if you are using these patches, you bloody well need to donate. Thanks Gentle People.

• Made this with version 2 of Moon:

We had a lot of adversity getting the shots and rushing for competition so it's not the greatest in other regards, though. (This is where I'd plug for getting votes, but that part of the comp isn't open yet)

• @Mirrorkisser , I don't know what older 45Mb/s card you are referring too, all the lemons were branded EXTREME. I returned mine to Sandisk for a 96Mb/s card exchange. Took a bit of talking, but I recommend everyone do it if they have one of the 45Mb/s Extreme cards. It is likely they play nicer with some of Driftwoods new lower bit rate cards, but I will never trust those cards again. 95Mb/s Sandisk or 90Mb/s Exeria are the best two cards I have found to date for Driftwoods high end patches. Even the $10 Silicon Power 16GB class 10 outperforms those 45Mb/s cards!

• Record it on whatever card you want to.I don't give a crap anymore.

• @vicharris: please read the damn FAQs that somebody bothered to write.

The SanDisk Extreme HD video 30 MB/s cards are apparently being discontinued and replaced with “Extreme HD Video” or just “Extreme” 45 MB/s cards. Early indications are that the new 45 MB/s cards perform similarly to the old 30 MB/s cards in the GH2. 45 MB/s Extreme cards are not to be confused with the old 45 MB/s “Extreme Pro” cards, which are not recommended.

http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-hack/gh2-hack-faq

@mee the older ones were called extreme pro.

• @driftwood Does "Cluster X Series: 3 GOP 'Spizz' Trial 3 (Released 06/02/2013)" include the Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 by Per Lichtman? Thanks.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters