Personal View site logo
Cluster X: Series 1 - moon - ЅріzZ - nebula - drewnet - Slipstream
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood Where the hell is that last screen grab from? That looks like a damn set!

• Which of the Cluster X's is recommended for people wanting to migrate from Sedna A? Is moon (going by name) mainly intended for night time? Also, though not critical in my case, will the Cluster X's span properly on Sandisk 95MB/s cards?

• Moon 4 is online = fuckin great!!!!

..testing

• Try moon for sure. @PiotrJ

• Uh, i wish still had a GH2, curious to test these @drtifwood candies ...

• TRIAL 4 boooooooooooooooom!! or should I say MOOON!

thanks to driftwood, I own a GH3, and would rather shoot with my GH2 lol

• @driftwood patched my camera with Moon T4. Will test it tmrw. Thank u!

• looks good I'll prob go out later and slap some extreme grade on it and see what I think

• @driftwood Tested Moon Trial 4 on 24P with Sandisk 64GB 95MB/s card. Worked perfectly even with a 10min spanned clip. Detail/sharpness very good. Will shoot more this evening and test grading. Will post video tonight/tomorrow. Thank you. (I did have a "lost.dir" folder appear on SD card after shooting, but that may have nothing to do with Moon setting.)

• Loaded up Moon Trial 4 and took my dog for a walk...wowsers! This still has very minor CC. Shot at 160 ISO, pretty high shutter on the Panny stock 14-42mm, Smooth all neg 2, 24P. MTS into Media Converter, wrapped for QT, then into FCPX. Grabbed a PNG from timeline, then made it smaller file size to post here.

Moon4_Saw_Grab01_LO.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • @har_k Very nice stuff, excellent colors, good detail. The motion of the complex leaves in one clip seemed a little funny. Looking forward seeing to more 1080p tests. Been grey and dark with melting snow here in northern Michigan not inspired to be out.

• @puttydivision that looks fantastic. Detail is really high but not digital looking Beauty

• @driftwood Is Moon called Moon after Keith Moon or just the Moon?

• no grade - moon T4 - rokinon 35mm t1.5. This is just a print screen from VLC

moon trail 4.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • I don't have enough test material yet to make a call, but I feel like I'm seeing something kind of muddy or weird around the edges of highly detailed bits of leaves and trees blowing in the wind. Haven't run things through 5D2RGB yet and roughly half the clips get a message that the import could not be completed in FCPX (they show up as clips still on camera) but these grabs illustrate what I'm saying, the top one seems ok, the bottom a little off in comparison to Moon Trial 2 and 3. It's almost like it's out of focus in places but I'm not sure how that could be happening. I have to do a little more shooting on my end to really know what I'm talking about, though, and try transcoding.

Could be LA7200 issues, I just wasn't having them before. Will try some better lightning mañana and give a full report.

Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 6.01.44 PM.png
    2876 x 1238 - 5M
    Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 6.02.58 PM.png
    2874 x 1229 - 6M
  • @kellar42 first question will be, what lens are you using?

my first clip I shot had the same appearance as your 2nd picture, but I changed the shutter and aperture around a bit to make things look nicer. and when testing I double and triple check that my focus is on point. By looking at the tree limbs on the ground, and the rails on the back of the truck, this has to be a focus issue.

• @rsquires That would be fitting for my avatar if it was Keith!

• Testing moon trial 3 .. 24p is flawless but 720p60 is making all kinds of mud on fine detail. I would like to drop the GOP to 3 for 720p but just not sure how to adjust the GOP tables to match.

• @puttydivision Excellent work. It's called Moon because it's f***in mental. Just tried it after Trial 3 and don't know what @driftwood did but it's bloody fantastic. I was having some issues with 3 but they seem to have gone here. Good times. Can't afford a GH3 but this is just as good

• @rsquires some things are "just as good" not all things ; )

• @GraviateMediaGroup I was using the 20mm pancake, ND filter and La7200 anamorphic adapter above which is not the sharpest combo in the world exactly, but if you look back up the thread a bit or if it's not taboo to post links twice, you can see the exact same setup (

) with Moon Trial 3 and high detail scenes and results I was very pleased with. I need to shoot more to be sure of what I'm seeing with 4, however.

• @kellar42

I'll agree that I'm not quite sure if moon 4 is better than than 3 just yet, but I shot several clips today and none where as blurry as the pics you posted from earlier. did you shoot 24 or HBR?

what city is that?

• @peternap Very nice image, but it's images like this that realy make me believe I have issues with my GH2. If that image is not denoised, Moon is just WOW, nice.

• @GravitateMediaGroup, 24p, and Panama City, Panama! Will keep testing but have to grab serious footage tomorrow and might go back to 3 for now.

• @sellig

when was the last time you did a pixel refresh?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters