Personal View site logo
PTool v3.62d topic
  • 327 Replies sorted by
  • Wow, already released for us newb! :D Thx Vitally, cbrandin (and strike teams!)
  • loaded 3.62 1080 24- 42/32 , 1080i- 32/24, gop 6, quantizer 1: some to detail . No more blip first second. Yeah.
  • Can u up your seta.ini ?
  • here it is
    setb.zip
    369B
  • >nickr
    These settings in combi with anamorphic MJpeg 1920X 810 incamera would be heaven for me!
    Can anyone post these as a seta.ini?
  • Loaded new ptool with thoses settings

- 30min limit removal
    - PAL<->NTSC
    - Max bitrate advised by VK in all AVCHD modes
    - Auto quantizer for 1080 : 2 more to details
    - Auto quantizer for 720 : 0 all to motion
    - Gop 3 for 24p and 50i
    (patch attached)

Everything work perfectly : increased bitrate and no more blimp in the beginning of the footages. TY :-)
    setb.zip
    390B
  • @astraban

Read hints and use Basic questions topic please.
    To be short - you need to format card in NTSC mode. And you need to power-off/power-on camera after changing PAL-NTSC mode.
  • Oups sorry, edited (didn't knew the on/off trick) thanks again !
  • @astraban

Try different GOPs from listed in hints (also suggest to look at "How to privide reports in this topic?" in first post here).
  • Question:
    Does increasing value for Auto Quantizer increase lowest bitrate for video with no movement?
    It certainly seems so based on ptool's description for this parameter.
    If so, we owe Vitaliy and Chris a rack of brew!

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev perhaps it requires its own topic since person before me is asking similar question but i'm going to ask here anyway because i am not positive yet, he posted his while i was writing this did not see it yet.

Auto Quantinizer for 1080p, Ptools reports higher value equals more compression and lower value lower compression. You have options 0 -4 to choose from, the option 1-4 says extra bitrate distribution towards details. more bitrate towards details just Sounds like more quality.. but the hint says the opposite of that. Regardless of what kind of shot it is, static or with motion, would unchecked always be the most quality?

Of course i will do proper testing soon but it sounds like putting higher value say 4 will give more detail and would that would mean more information only for static shots specifically? VS keeping these unchecked because the hint says lower means less compression and that makes me think never check it for most detail always regardless of kind of shot.

Is my assumption wrong? i want to give more detail to a static scene sure but then i don't want higher compression in general testing today will answer some questions but you understand this parameter best before hand =) so i know what i am looking for a little better.
  • I did post my settings in "stable settings" wiht All High set to 32 000, all Low set to 26 000 and the 30 min removal. No other changes checked. All (24h, 24L, FSH, FH, Sh and H) looks fine on screen and in StreamParser, no blips in the start of the scenes.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev are the 70 to 75% differens between High and low settings still the limit, or has that changed with the new release?
  • What is the highest birate now, 32mbit seems a little low and the blip was not that much even before 3.62 compared to the 42+ ones.
  • @danyyyel That is true, but without also setting high an low waluse in for testers section the first second was corupt. This was to verify that my normal settings 32 mbit worked with only base user settings, and they did.
  • @danyyyel
    I've done some testing at 66M with no problems. I've done tons of testing at 44M (double the default bitrate) and have never had a problem.

@OSGondar
    The Auto Quantizer allocates the additional bandwidth to different things. If you go towards "detail" more of the extra bandwidth is allocated to using less quantization of macroblocks - which means better shadow detail and smoother detail all around. If you go towards "motion" extra bandwidth is not allocated to accommodate lower quantization of macroblocks, rather it is allocated to encoding changes in the image more robustly - which means reduced stuttering, etc... They both improve quality, just in different ways. I have found that going a little more towards "detail" works quite nicely - the shadow detail is stunning.

Chris
  • "I've done some testing at 66M with no problems"

Can you pls share your settings?
  • Chris, would a value of 2 (or 3 ?) offer a decent balance between motion and detail, set to 66mbps?

Also, since I believe "0" is the default setting for the original quantization of macroblocks, it appears the original settings chose to allocate the majority of the orginal bitrate setting (stock firmware setting) to motion. With increasing the bitrate and moving the Auto Quantizer settings towards detail, we can have the best of both motion and detail. Is this thought correct?

I want to try a setting for 1080 24P (24H): 66mbps, GOP6, Auto Quantizer = 2 (or 3).
    With my settings listed above, can you recommend what other settings (listed below) may help maximize quality for 24H:

Video Bitrate 24H ADD=
    Overall Bitrate=
    Overall Bitrate 2=
    Video buffer 24p=
    1080p24 High Top Setting=
    1080p24 High Bottom Setting=
    1080p24 Low Top Setting=
    1080p24 Low Bottom Setting=

I'm looking to improve the shadow detail (less blocky mud).
    Thanks to Vitaliy and you for your amazing improvements to the GH2!
    Panasonic won't be able to keep up with the demand for this camera. :)
    Steve
  • @proaudio4
    Hi, you can try Kae settings ,just change gop 3 to value 6 and Auto Quantizer = 2.
  • At 66M all I did was set 24h bitrate to 66000000 and auto quantization 1080. I tested with the auto quantization at various settings. So far, I've liked "most to details" (3). Even using a value of 2 will improve shadow detail quite a lot. The settings you've listed are set automatically when you set bitrate, and I think Vitaliy has done a very good job with that. I wouldn't mess with those too much, if at all.

Chris
  • Thanks a lot Chris!
    At what you guys have done for the GH2, I have a feeling Panasonic better make the GH3 capable of what you guys have done and throw in 4:2:2 for good measure, LOL! Not to mention, decripple the HDMI they crippled!
    Hell, the GH3 better make us coffee too!

thxs
    Steve
  • @Tomaso
    in my mind there weren´t blips at 32mbit with ptools 3.61.

• @cbrandin
    Thanks a lot for a tip and thanks to Vitaliy for a hard very good job.

Michal
  • @cbrandin Thank You for the Quantizer info!

AVCHD:
    I set my 24H to 66 and 24L to 35 same for fsh and fh. Quantizer to 3 (most to details) and the only thing i am uncertain of is GOP some say 6 with these settings but i was going to to with gop 3 as it was the consensus on best film like handling previously. Any reason why i should not do that? what are you using for your GOP? default?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions