Personal View site logo
Official GX1 hack development topic
  • 363 Replies sorted by
  • What is the time lapse patch for the GX1?

• Thank you for your work

and for quick answers

• @slovach Im looking into improving AVCHD modes of Galaxian on the GX1 shortly. However, the .Mov modes ptools are problematic at the moment.

• can someone tell me how to use the timelaps pach in GX-1

• Yes, I used it for 3 days, it is the only fix works stability on May GX-1.

Galaxian I have only one problem Video 720p AVCHD I want it to look in the camera, he says of a read error from the memory card

• @slovach Have you tried Galaxian? See link below;-

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3945/driftwood-settings-series-6-comp-apocalypse-now-cluster-v6-galaxian-gx1-sedna-canis-etc.../p1#Item_5

Bottom of that comment - last setting attachment is Galaxian under Cluster heading

• I understand it correctly. I can use the patch settings from G3 ? This is the same camera in the Inside?

• hello. I have a Panasonic GX-1 and 95 MB SD card. Which of setting up for me will be better ? I tried Cluster X Series - 'Spizz' - 3 GOP - Trial 3 - setc. but the video is twitches and MP4 format does not work. and I need a setting for time laps. Please help

• as I know, it's some kind of sensor mode limitation. That's reason why it's not possible or it's extremely difficult.

• Does that mean it would not be possible to lower it to 24fps as well?

• it possible that ptool will be able to increase the fps of the GX1 to 60fps

No

• Is it possible that ptool will be able to increase the fps of the GX1 to 60fps or is a mechanical limit of the shutter holding it at 25fps?

• I'm going on a trip on a couple of weeks. What would you say is the best setting for me to use: stock, Galaxian V1, Galaxian V2? I'm trying to achieve the best resolution that I can (without buying a GH2 :) Thank you!!

• Thank you very much for your hard work.I will Always look forward

• Thank you so much Vitaliy!

• @tomasmackey

Not yet, sorry. I let evryone know after I could make it work.

• Hi! Does anyone know if there has been any updates with the manual movie modes? Thank you!!

• I tried reseting, but without sucess. I have to try another SD card, but this is the only one I have right now...

This time I left the NTSC<>PAL option off. I tried reloading with this option on, and it doesn't play MP4 files. Tested again with off, and MP4 files play OK in camera.

BUT I'm sure I had the hacked firmware working OK with this option turned on.

The option for selecting PAL or NTSC is still in the GX1 menu (per manual). Does this mean the patch has an effect on the setings this menu (on video recording)?

• @Whisperdancer

Reset all settings (in camera). And check other SD card.

• Yes, no patches, only original settings. Nevertheless, I've managed it to work (both original and patched), but only when after the update is done, imediatelly format the SD card and then turn of the camera. If I turned of the camera after updating, turned it on again, format the card and turn it off, it won't read the MP4 file format. That's very strange...

• Oh never mind. Possibly original has a bug?

• @stonebat

It is strange statement. As I belive that he talks about original firmware, no patches (except version related).

• Yeah that's a bug. That's why 3.66 is a beta release. But that shouldn't be a showstopper.

• After downloading the original firmware again (I had to put the original through the PTool and save it because the camera didn't detect the original), my camera can't play MP4 files. It plays AVCHD fine, but for the MP4 files it says it can't play that kind of file... I reloaded the firmware again but nothing happens.

Has this happened to anyone?!?!?

• Hi Vitaliy, the first thing is to thank the good work you do. and after reading a bit about it, I think the manual control in video iso will be difficult. or because you have something along those lines. sorry for my poor English.