Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • The files are pretty big, but not as big as Sedna as I remember. It is variable bit rate, but definitely can use allot when their is allot of detail. Also you need a top card. Playback for 24p is beautiful.

• @mee.. Thanks man. I tried searching for the detail but couldnt find it so cheers for the link. I'll definately look into both since I dont have a lot of light gear. Does it result in huge files like Sedna? How is the playback situation for 24p?

• @Aashay I recommend finding the specific CM thread as driftwood goes into detail there. I am not a patch whiz, but basically CM night is made to perform very well at night and has beautiful film like grain even at ISO 6400 so you can make very pleasing shots in lower light than any other patch I have tried (please lemme know folks if something else is out there). It still works in the day but is a bit less colorful. CM day is made to shine at day. They are two of my favorite patches. CM night especially since I love filming at night.

edit- the original CM topic is linked in the first page of this thread.. but just to be nice here it is http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3056/driftwood-vy-canis-majoris-apocalypse-now-featuring-cbrandin-matrices.-coming-soon-/p1

• I just loaded the canis majoris night patch for a little video last night. I filmed for about 30 min continuously, but the files were all ~3 min, 51 sec. For the most part, they all played back fine, except for a few clips. In the first few seconds there's sort of corruption. Ive been using hacks on a gh1 for a while and also on my gh2, and this is the first patch I've tried that splits continuous shots like this. I checked the settings in ptools, and i have the '30 min time limit removal' checked and no settings for recording limit selected. Is it because of the bitrate settings? Thanks for the help and hard work. I had been using your old gopstoppa patch with my gh2, and a custom setup i pieced together for when i was using the gh1.

• Hey folks, I tested the Apocalypse setting with I-Frames, and thats happens:

It looks GREAT! Sharper and more detailed than the old sedna. I hope you like it - merry x-mas!

• No, you can't. It has been discussed here long and wide. 24 fps will always be better than 25 fps, since 25 was introduced as HBR in an afterthought by Panny.

• I just replaced my GH1 with GH2 and going to try the Cluster patches, but some things are not so clear to me:

What I see from the settings, if I switch to PAL, then I can shoot at 50fps, if I understood right. But can I shoot at 25 with the same characteristics and success as if as at 24?

Thanks!

• Can somebody please tell me the difference between Canis AM and PM and Night? Is it like Cluster 6 sharp and soft?

• Thank you for all of your work Nick! Have a great holiday :)

• @driftwood OMG!! Thank you so much sir, this is a damn surprise for me. I am speechless. Thank u for considering my request. Merry Christmas sir.

• @Driftwood thanks for the amazing present. I'll give it a go this weekend

• @rajamalik Just because you nagged me so much - and a Xmas prezzie for all Driftwood Intra fans, I will release Canis Majoris Day AM shortly.

IT IS NOW UP ON PAGE ONE.

• Shot with Cluster v6

• Thanks driftwood! shot with Quantum. Camera only locked up a few times. that 8 bit color sometimes becomes a problem with the blue skies. I did color correct some of the shots.

• @efonius Wich hack version of Apocalypse now did you use? It's FANTASTIC. Is it reliable?

• I edit my previous message: in the end i bought the 64gb 95mb/s sandisk, to try the best hacks! Now, which are the best hacks? Can you help me, please?

• Hi guys, sorry if it's off topic, but I've decided I want a stable hack that does not give me problems, and I know that the choice is between FM2.02 and Cluster v6 drewnet, correct? I would like to try this last one. I make this choice also because I do not want to spend so much for a 95MB / s, are too expensive! I would like to get a card cheaper, and I saw the sandisk 64gb 64gb 45mb/se the Lexar 400x (60mb / s). At the same price. The lexar is faster and costs the same: you say? Can I take that? Lexar is reliable? Thanks to all!

• @Bueller That's the 14-140!!!! Holy crap. Whatever you did in post makes that lens look great. Maybe the best non-doc or non-eng stuff I've seen with it.

• Thanks for watching PV Community. Driving Miss Daisy was done with the stock 14-140 on iso 200. Then in post I played around with Crumplepop's Finisher and colored in Davinci Resolve. I really liked what Finisher did and it gives great bang for the buck. I have not tried Film Convert yet but look forward to trying it on future projects.

• @Bueller really really nice man. What lens/iso/post/filter adjustments did you do? Looks very filmic and not videoy at all.

• @efonius, great work man, I am downloading a trial version of Fim Covert to try it on some sedna A q20 I have. Love the mood and also the sound...

• @Bueller- I find that a very nicely put together promo! I liked your shot selection and angles, and particularly appreciated your tight editing. Nothing worse than watching 3 seconds of someone fumbling with keys, etc. VERY nicely done!

• driftwood, Sorry, I did not even hack my GH2 because really your orientation helped me make several shots and decide what I want to get as a result after doing the hack on my GH2, I serve good desire to shots weddings and I intend to make short films. Then I will spend most of the time doing very few light shots and require few noise. What do you recommend the hack? Thank's for your help.