Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • >If you mean NTSC/PAL switching like in GH1 hack. It is definitely possible.

Yes sir, thanks.
  • Thanks Vitaliy for the doing this. I just discovered the GH2 for me now and it is all VERY interesting what's going on in the "scene". So far I filmed with the Sony PD-150P which is old and damaged by now and I never thought I could afford something new with modern quality standards within the next five years or so. This is like Xmas and birthday together and if the hack works again .. it will be just awesome!
  • Noob question: will the current Ptool work with a possible hacked GH2?
  • >Vitaliy_Kiselev: If you mean NTSC/PAL switching like in GH1 hack. It is definitely possible.

Please I beg you, make it happen. It is a really important feature for us european users. Thanks for all your awesome work!
  • >No it isn't. I tried now and even with output set to NTSC, video is captured at 50fps.

I think that he meant possibility to make it possible with hack, not the present state.
  • >As ELAW also asked, I'd really like to know if it will be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?

If you mean NTSC/PAL switching like in GH1 hack. It is definitely possible.
  • >>Will it be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?
    >It all ready is. Go to setup menu and select video output as NTSC.

No it isn't. I tried now and even with output set to NTSC, video is captured at 50fps.
  • how soon can we see a hack to change language from Japanese to English?

Thanks
  • Flying off for about a month to shoot my 1hr long doc. Vitaly, good luck in your work. If you succeed in 2-3 weeks, it may have dramatic impact on what I'll get back with.
  • >Will it be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?
    It all ready is. Go to setup menu and select video output as NTSC.

Just donated, thanks for the hard work.
  • As ELAW also asked, I'd really like to know if it will be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?

I'm new to this site, but I already know that you, Vitality_Kiselev, are a hero to all of us!!!
  • >Can anyone tell what the difference 1.0 and 1.0E? And where i can download 1.0E and how to upgrade?

I do not know anything about 1.0.
    Only firmware versions that I know of are 1.0C, 1.0D and 1.0E. All show up in version information as 1.0.
    And you can't get 1.0E as it is not publically available.
  • Can anyone tell what the difference 1.0 and 1.0E? And where i can download 1.0E and how to upgrade?
  • Donated, thanks so much for your wonderful work Vitaly! I wish I had the head for 1s & 0s like you do. Love the GH1 hack and just got my GH2!
  • Will it be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?
  • >So 'E' is probably the recording-limited PAL firmware?

No.
    1.0E is latest known firmware version.
    Firmware is all the same for all regions, etc.
  • FIY V., my UK stock GH2 uses 1.0E (January '11 serial no).

(found the temporary service mode : )

So 'E' is probably the recording-limited PAL firmware?
  • Hi Vitaliy

Thanks for all your hard work. I know it's not easy. How possible will it be to change the Japanese GH2 menus into English?

• >This week? or next month?

It is too early to tell. Please read my previous replies why exactly.
    Definitely not this or next week :-)
  • Hi Vitaliy,
    can you say closer when your firmware for gh2 will see the light of the world?
    This week? or next month?

Thanks for your work...
    mk
  • >of course, completely untested state
    Of course! But I guess that to test it should be loaded on a GH2 ... I doubt you'll have some kind of software emulator.. Right?
  • >are you already able to load any new (modified) firmware on GH2?

Right now I do not have a body, some software is not ready anyway, and we need proper patches also (they are in half baked, and, of course, completely untested state).
  • Hi Vitaliy,
    are you already able to load any new (modified) firmware on GH2?
  • In upcoming days I'll be doing various boring things, like rewriting few IDA scripts, addign some code to utilities so thay could be used for GH2, etc.
  • Hi Vitaly,
    thank you for all your job. I just made a report with my (EN)GH2. It's about 3D printers, Fab Labs in France and the coming revolution of open source objects. It's called "Fabuleux Labos", lasts 3', has english subtittle and I really should like you to watch it http://www.youtube.com/user/PlaneteReporter , in the playlist "Finalistes..." or/and in the thumb-index «Voter» if you like it.
    As many Europans, I wish 25p for avchd and hdmi, and 70% zebra.
    Thanks again,
    Olivier