Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • Hi. After a year using this adapter with Nikon lenses, here's some remarks & questions about it:

-On nikon lenses with/without aperture ring at f/2.8, the maximum opening is only at the equivalent of f4 if you use the adapter's aperture ring instead of the lens' maximum (f/2.8 for the present exemple). Is that normal ?

-On the adapter'aperture ring, there's no indications for the iris opening (f1, f2.x, etc). Is there a way to compensate for this ?

Aside of those two points, the adapter seems to be ok and works well. I just hope that some modifications (mentioned on this forum) will come soon and perhaps a way to replace/modify the older models with some compensations. I mean, the manufacturer/seller for those could do some specials for people who bought older models but needs the new modifications. I'll show the caring for the customers and assure their faithfilness for future products.

What do you think about this ?

• @Vitaliy

Sorry about the size of photos. You can delete them and I will upload smaller versions.

• @Bernie

Do not worry, will be solved.

Note - some old lenses can damage such adapters.

Also suggest to attach much smaller photos.

• I got my Minolta adaptor last week. I put my Minolta MD 50mm 1.4 lens on it and it felt a bit loose. Next time I tried it was looser still. The 3rd time I tried it was very loose but tight in one spot when unscrewing lens.I worked at unscrewing the lens very slowly back and forward until I got it off. I have attached some photos of the problem I found. The tensioner ring to keep lens in proper place appears to have broken. I emailed the seller to ask what he thinks may have happened and have waited 4 days for reply. I don't know if I somehow managed to screw the lens on and caught the tensioner and broke it or if it was a manufacturing or assembly fault. If anyone has any ideas I would welcome them (The lens I used is not one that needs lever shaved.) Here are a few photos

• I have also bought an RJ Lens Turbo and encountered some problems although I am surprised by the overall build quality ;) I have posted a short review on my blog:

http://sonneo.blogspot.de/2014/12/rj-lens-turbo-review.html

• @designatedmedia one more thing... there is a tiny little screw on the adapter ring which is actually the back of the pin that opens the iris of the lens. I remember I had to unscrew it a little bit because it made some lenses hard to mount.

• @designatedmedia If you can put up with the existing lens/adapter combo for a while, you might get them apart later without straining anything.

If in a hurry, the usual mechanic's rules apply: worry them apart. If either the pin or the mount shows any microscopic play at all, then gently rock it through, a few minutes at a time, over a period of time. Moving one part with one hand may free up the other. Any heat, force or lubrication should be left to the technician.

• The lens release lever won't move in any direction. Is it possible to mis-mount a lens where it won't unlock?

• (don't forget Nikons twist the other way! :-) )

• @designatedmedia push the Silver Pin towards the Camera to unlock the Lens from the Adapter

• I got one of these off eBay. I feel stupid but I think I got my nikon lens stuck on there? I am not sure if I didn't mount it correctly but after it snapped into place it won't come off. There was no instructions of course. Any help?

• I bought the RJ lens turbo, and with my canon FD 35 and 28mm, I could see the blue point when I filmed in outside only. But I was looking for how I could stop the blue point, and when I put my ND filter ( that is 2 pola filters) the blue point disappears. see pictures

no ND filter.JPG
    2000 x 1125 - 685K
    with ND filter.JPG
    2000 x 1125 - 535K
  • This is great! thanks!

• but if i do remember well the gh2 and blackmagic have different flange focal distance and that's the reason for the two models.

You are just wrong. Both are made for m43 mount, flange distance is same. Sensors are different in size. Period.

• I am not sure anymore, but if i do remember well the gh2 and blackmagic have different flange focal distance and that's the reason for the two models. since the rj lens does not make different models i started doubting...

• @giuliobottini

As far as I remember they made one for Pocket, where sensor is smallest.

• Because the BlackMagic sensor is smaller than a standard m4/3 sensor.

• then why the metabones makes two different models?

• Sure. The sensor of the BM is a bit smaller than MFT, so no problem.

• Is it possible to use the rj lens turbo i use on my gh2 with the bm cinema camera 2,5k mft?

• Example of blue dot, situated under the tree: https://500px.com/photo/86181851/

• @joethepro @brudney do you guys have any still images showing the blue dot even if it is just a little? I just want to see if it is something I could live with for client work.

• i'm using mine with gh2 and tokina 11-16 and sigma 70-200. Except for the obvious problems at the widest angle (supersoft borders and vignetting) the center of the frame is significantly sharper and more contrasted.

• Hi, I bought the EOS focal reducer last month direct from RJ before finding this thread (I presume that would be the new version). Can I check if I can get the tripod collar only? They don't seem to list it on their website...

• @Boncrek mine (without the tripod foot) hardly shows any blue dot. When you look for it you find 'something' but it's far from serious.