Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SanDisk Extreme SDHC Cards
  • 437 Replies sorted by
  • @stanlymanly2 You’ll need Mac OS X v10.6.5 or later to be able to read SDXC cards.

• @alcomposer do you use a mac? right now im stuck with osx leopard. and i dont know if it will work or not. i read something about sdxc only being supported by snow leopard and up. any input on that?

• @stanlymanly2 The Sandisk USB3 Card read does. (Its a multicard reader- but also is superspeed!)

• Any card reader with an SDXC logo will work with 64-GB cards.

• @balazer @Vitaliy_Kiselev

HELP!!!! will any of the sandisk card readers read the 64gb UHS 95mb/s cards?!?! if not can anyone suggest a card reader?

• I got back there today and sure enough they were 6 class. I had to turn my camera over to repair for some spots in the lens, so I am not going to worry about cards till I have my camera back. Feelin a little sad without my GH2.

• Yeah, that what I thought till I saw these, I found some 30's on B&H, but they do say class 6 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/833961-REG/SanDisk_SDSDH_016G_U46_16_GB_Ultra_SDHC.html

I could have sworn the ones I saw locally said class 10. I will try to check again soon.

• As far as I know, SanDisk Ultra cards are not 30 MB/sec. I see them with a Class 4 designation and 15 MB/sec on the sticker.

• Anyone? I'm not trying to take the discussion away from the Extreme line, but rather compare them to the Ultra.

• answer found thanks

• Has anyone seen 30MB/s Ultra cards in their area. Here in Japan, allot of shops have these and 30MB/s Extreme cards, the prices are dropping fast on both. I am waiting for a 95MB/s replacement card from sandisk currently, and thought for about $25USD I would give an 8GB card a try, but would like some feedback. If none have tried or seen the 30MB/s ultra, I would be willing to get it just to do the testing, but this one is closer to $30USD. Also I have wanted to ask for awhile, has anyone tried any of the Panasonic high end cards?

• 32GB San Disk 95mb/s - Just an update I was wrong, I left my cam rolling on a shot of some oranges, and it spanned fine on Quantum v2 just test that again on moving shot and we're still good on v2, BUT it cuts off at 4.29GB if there is any camera movement at all on all other Quantum patches. Stay away from the 32s If that is a problem.

• By shrinking to 19nm its much closer together offering speedier writes and reads, hence why they are also able to squeeze more data room on these tiny memory devices. We probably wont see the 128 in the European shops until March though - $400 for the price. Interesting that Sandisk's USA site states its available now... http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/press-room/press-releases/2012/2012-01-09-world's-fastest-128gb-sdxc-card

• huh.. it's still 45MB/s, though.

• I don't know if it has already been posted:

SanDisk unveils 'world's fastest' 128GB SDXC card

http://engt.co/wdfizN

I hope that the 64gb version will get cheaper

• Looks like 64gb is the safest way to go.

Too many ifs and ands on spanning with the 32s.

• @shian "everybody's happy now the bad things gone away!"

• My 32GB 95Mb/s Sandisk spans just fine on Quantum V2 BUT NOT 5 OR 7. (I was told by the rep at Samy's when I bought mine that San Disk is replacing all the 45Mb/s cards with 95s) So it looks like the 45s are going away)

• Just for you to know, 32GB Extreme Pro 95Mb/s doesn't span. Just as others, might span depending on the situation right at the moment it should span, so if there's little info on the image at the time of recording, it might. But it's not reliable as the 64GB version (exFat kinda makes a difference). Don't get confused, as some people say 32GB version spans too. It doesn't. Period.

On the other hand, for filmmakers, all Extreme Pro's 95MB/s are quite the best you can get for actual and future hack patches (works as it should with Quantum v7), as there's no need (unless something mighty special) for longer than 4 mins recording.

• @Tommyboy- Year it seems like faster date rates is the answer. Let us know what you find out.

The performance errors are stuttering playback, which sounds like latency or how ever you spell it. Seems like a faster card will help. I might test in my other card, which I have formatted and changed the allocated unite size, which does seem to improve on previous patch tests. However I am not going to format my Sandisk like that as its not the sort of card you want to mess around with.

• Here's a guide to the do's and don'ts of sdxc http://www.integralmemory.com/sdxc-memory-card-guide

• I was wondering: Can someone test if the new Sandisks cards span with @cbrandin 44mb/66mb?

• @chrimsbroome I feel your pain. I've just ordered mine today.

• My Sandisk Extream 30 megbits per second card does not span on Diftwood's V7 latest patch. In fact its seems to have performace errors every so often, so the solution is to get a SDXC 95MB's 64GB. I have to wait till I can afford it :-(

• Be done with it and buy the fuckin Sandisk 64GB SDXC 95MB/s. This card "should" span with driftwood's latest V6 24H. I've got one coming in tomorrow, I'll add to the report.