Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
ST: HDMI Team
  • 125 Replies sorted by
  • @HenryO can you do content 0, itc 1. cheers
  • I'll do c1, itc 0 shortly... just gonna write up c0 itc 0 results...
  • Will do in a wee while
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    Test 1: Ptools SETTING: C-0, itc-0 - Atomos Ninja

VIDEO OUT: NTSC
    HDMI OUT REC SETTING RESULT ON NINJA
    1080i, 1080p24h/l, reports 1080i60, image visible, recording ok
    1080i, 1080i, reports 1080i60, image visible, recording ok
    720p, 720p, reports REC MODE Greyed out, drops to 1080i60 on Ninja, n/a
    480p, Same result as 720p

VIDEO OUT: PAL
    HDMI OUT REC SETTING RESULT ON NINJA
    1080i, 1080p24h/l, reports 1080i50, image visible, recording ok
    1080i, 1080i, reports 1080i50, image visible, recording ok
    720p, 720p, reports REC MODE Greyed out, drops to 1080i50 on Ninja, n/a
    576p, Same result as 720p
  • Reminder about how the Ninja works.
    Ninja Atomos - Signal Flow - Camera Menu settings to Ninja Results.png
    541 x 547 - 34K
  • whoever solves the ETC HDMI monitor problem definitely gets an internet high five. Same goes with output to external recording device
  • Greyed out means goes into a disabled state (as in 720p).
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    c1, itc 0 is safe (no brickin :-) results at the moment looking similar to c0, itc0...
  • @HenryO I take it you havent started yet?
  • @driftwood

I highly doubt that you'll see any problems with other parameters. It must be safe if it worked in 0,0 option.
    Most probably :-)
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev i'm going to go thru the others now, I can't hang around for the others. My main reason to see if something changes in the 720 / REC MODE being available.... but then again you'd know more about what these settings/new codings are trying to do...

All I know about is that ITC processing is a feature that enables display processors to use the appropriate pixel data processing algorithms based on specific content type to ensure video quality...
  • >All I know about is that ITC processing is a feature that enables display processors to use the appropriate pixel data processing algorithms based on specific content type to ensure video quality...

You mean something called "ITC processing" in AMD drivers? :-) It is not the same.
  • ... just a quick google! ;-)
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    @TheNewDeal
    @HenryO
    Got no change of results in all content x, itc x tests from the first setting... guys, can you confirm your tests (if youve done any!) ?
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev can you enlighten me more on End Skip and how best to test ?
  • @driftwood
    Try to look deeper.
    Look at the output standard, RGB, YCC444, YCC420, YCC422.
    Also try to remove battery after each settings change (not only reflashing).

>can you enlighten me more on End Skip and how best to test ?

Look above for my explanation.
    It just skips End HDMI output function.
    May be it'll leave HDMI for 720p or ETC :-)
  • Been battery resetting every test - have to for attempting 720p on the Ninja :-)
    Analysing RGB, YCC444, YCC420, YCC422 now.
    It would be rewarding to see how the other chaps are getting on with their tests...
  • I've been on the road. I'll be home and start testing Saturday.
  • @Driftwood I had a funeral yesterday so back in action now. Tested the settingst 0, itc 1. No problems updating firmware and no issues with recording to a Nanoflash. No bricking. This is a PAL Gh2. I will risk my NTSC one once it is clear there is less risk of bricking as it is my main cam.

I will record some more stuff later and attempt to make heads and tails of it all i.e colorspace etc.
  • Do you have a grid of what you have tested?
    What is the next priority for me to start testing?
  • Think Driftwood has gone ahead and tested other settings. Go for it!!
  • guys, just test for what Vitaliy has asked for. It would be good to get comparitive results. Personaly, I dont expect much for any 720p settings.
  • Testing the settingst 0, itc 1

A bit of background then. The nanoflash is great in that it can differenciate easily between 60i, 30p, 29.98 and 24p at the input. I am hoping to test to find a setting that outputs true progressive 24p on recording. ( Pressing record does not change the mode so I presume the mode needs to be outputting true 24p even in standby) So far............

C-0,itc-1, NTSC, 1080, 1080p24, reports 1080 30p on NANOFLASH, image visible , recording ok ( but still 60 fields per sec instead of 59.98)

Playback of 24p material through Nanoflash shows ads 24p. The goal I guess is to find a setting that sends out 24p all the time I suppose. SO that is what I am going to be aiming for guys if that's okay. Process of elimination. Correct me if I am wrong.

Be back in a moment.

• I've got my fucking fingers crossed!
  • C-1,itc-0, NTSC, 1080, 1080p24, reports 1080 30p on NANOFLASH, image visible , recording ok ( but still 60 fields per sec instead of 59.98)

C- 1, itc -1 Same
    C- 2, itc -0 Same
    C- 2, itc -1 Same
    C- 3, itc -0 Same
    C- 3, itc -1 Same

So after this preliminary test round the only conclusion I am am willing to draw because I was only changing one parameter and recycling power is that it is still outputting 60i and not 59.98 after all the changes. Did not try using the End skip buttons yet. Good news - camera is still alive and well. Will start fresh tomorrow and will redo with Marshall monitor instead.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions