Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @antonio Also look at this site's FAQ section. It has instructions on how to apply the settings (aka "hacks")

• Go to page 1 in this thread for downloads. You can find a nice video on youtube searching for: how to hack gh2.

• Sorry but I could not find where to download Driftwood Cluster X - Moon T7 at 24p complete with instructions for making the hack. I am inexperienced and I would try to do on my lìhack GH2.

thank you.

• @agarastar I think some people on this site can help you, hopefully they'll chime in soon. In the meantime, if you still have the SD card you used with those 2 damaged clips, don't use it at all. (Try doing a search on this site - I remember people speaking about rescuing data that was lost or damaged. Good luck.)

• Hello, GH2, lumix 20mm + optex 1,33 with drawnet t9 and i'm making a documentary movie. Just today I found 2 mts that are not playable. All the shooting is at 24L, is there a way to fix or repair damaged mts?

thanks in advance aga

• New music video, Moon t7, Takumar 55mm f1.8, Panasonic 14mm f2.5, chinese speed booster, Fotga variable ND filter, and DIY motorized 100cm slider.

• @Paulo As I understand it, the GH4 works by adding a log color profile. The GH2 is hackable because the encoding uses a writable lookup table, but color profiles are not part of that encoding and are 'baked in' and not changeable (in more ways than one unfortunately!).

To state the extra ability of log encoding as additional dynamic range is a bit much IMO; you only get to use it in post and its not an intrinsic feature of the sensor. However, Panasonic are not alone in this; I believe Sony use this marketing trick too.

I own a backmagic that does log (BMPCC), and can say that there is a long learning curve in being able to use log encoded footage properly. It takes a while to figure out how to shoot it and how to get the best out of it. Its certainly not a magic button, and its certainly not something you would use if you want the sort of quick workflow you get from baked-in rec709, which is what the GH2 seems to excel at.

• http://www.personal-view.com/talks/profile/1095/driftwood Hi guiys, as I said times ago, I would like a patch that could improve dinamic range to GH2. People said that it was impossible. So, how can Panasonic created a payed patch for GH4 that improve two f-stops of DR? (from 10 to 12). May this patche works in GH2? Or may the developers here create a similar patch to GH2? I know that we can make something using low-contrast filter and in post, but a patch would be a jump! Thanks.

• @felixgarbe You dont understand. DREWnet was designed for insane 12 GOP performance in HIGH detail scenes such as trees surrounding running water for the GH2. 40Mbps is enough for in tight, mid shots but artifacts in high detail scenes. Im not going to go on about why it was designed, there's plenty of tests in the past showing what it does. Its the most complete 12 GOP ever done. Quantisation in mainly 4x4 macroblocks is insanely good.

• Another one with 'DREWnet' T9 and Lumix GF3. I think 40Mbps is enough for this camera, i dont see any quality improvement with higher bitrates.

• @rhayokely that's my kind of place, had a biologist friend working in Madagascar for 2 years and she loved it =)

@donniewagner nice! If I may say, most people are missing a piece... but we don't even know/acknowledged it ,-)

As "promised" the last 3 chapters of the Nebula T8 odissey, it's been a ride, oh yeahhh!!!

Chapter V - Punish the Atoms

Chapter VI - Alfaminete Forest

And finally Chapter VII - The Lost Teeth
    where I finally dropped the crop // there are 1 or 2 bkmcwd's GOLGOP3-13-MAX_BETA11 shots mixed, think the moon one.

From this terminal te mando un abrazo hermano @driftwood

PremeMeing.png
    1920 x 1051 - 242K
    DReLing.png
    1920 x 1063 - 385K
  • @donniewagner, thank you so much for the response! I apologize for my untimely reply. Maybe I need to give Drewnet, or another IPB patch a shot again. You certainly got some extremely good results here, and the denoising doesn't bother me since I needed it with Moon T7 also (and Moon T8 in many circumstances too).

• Yes, but qualitywise wouldn't it be better to have one frame encoded instead of two half frames? It seems inefficient to me.

• @felixgarbe 1080/60i is 1080/30p psf

• I use the Lumix GF3 currently with the Moon T7 Hack. Now it shoots 1080/60i and 720/30p. There are only two Options in the Video Menu (FSH and FH) I think the GH2 has more. Can anyone help me to make it shoot 1080/30p?

EDIT: Okay i found out myself. There is a expermintal setting in PTool, but it doesnt work.

• @kingkorg @gittzy @jdude Thanks gents!

@Tjabo, This video was cleaned up with neat video, so that could be why there is a lack of noise. But honestly the original footage did not look bad to me at all. I was using moon T5 then Moon T7 but wanted to try a patch that wasn't such a data hog. I think I read that DrewnetT9 had a good 720 60p mode which I use a lot for slow mo. I haven't really been able to tell the difference between patches.

Settings in camera were smooth, -2 on all and 0 for saturation I think. quality set to SH

• @donniewagner, the thing I am most surprised by is that you use DREWnet T9... I have not gotten nice clean footage when I used it. Can you elaborate on why you prefer it and how you use it as far as mode and picture style, etc.?

• What do you expect from Moon T9: a significant final breakthrough or a last big nothing?

• Excellent @donniewagner such a narrative and great use of the light in all the shots.

• Agreed, amazing!!!

• Powerful @donniewagner, heartfelt narrative & sequencing!

• Exceptional work, @donniewagner in every way!

• DREWnet T9, Nikon 50 1.4, 24 2.8 edited and graded in Adobe Premiere , thanks for watching :)

• GH2, Moon T7, FCPX

• @tjabo Hacks are good - that's what we do here on PV! Keep rockin brother!

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters