Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wireless Follow Focus with Monitor from Wondlan
  • Hi guys,

I just got lucky and received this new Wireless FollowFocus Monitor system from Wondlan a few days ago. So far so good and the system is reliable enough for what it should be doing. I have not tried it with our BlackMagic Cinema Camera setup yet since the SDI-HDMI converter is still on its way.

More details as per video here:

Do let me know if you want me to discuss anything about its features as I might have missed some of it through the video.

Thanks

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Mechanical part is the same as older wireless FF?

• @ Vitaliy_Kiselev Not sure as I didn't get a chance to use the older version (the one without the monitor). It is a bit noisy but I guess you will need to adjust the speed to compensate for the noise. And external recorder is definitely needed for this application.

• Is the motor still noisy? It's a cool set up and if I weren't in "gearing up" mode for the BMPC 4K, I'd be interested.

• If you crank up the speed to the highest, the noise is noticeable. But below half of the speed ratio, it is reasonable I would say. I mean, is there any other brand out there that is totally silent? I haven't got a chance to try anything that is silent so far.

• There are plenty, but they are $$.

Arri, Preston... Redrock has one that is much cheaper.