Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Aputure AL-528W LED Video Light Panels
  • Has anyone tested this panel ? I can't find any video reviews ?

Available on deals at http://www.personal-view.com/deals/lights-fresnels-led-kits/aputure-led-panels

aputure.jpg
    706 x 622 - 80K
    aputure1.jpg
    706 x 684 - 90K
    aputure2.jpg
    644 x 561 - 52K
    aputure3.jpg
    694 x 738 - 51K
    aputure4.jpg
    878 x 751 - 78K
    aputure5.jpg
    676 x 661 - 59K
    aputure6.jpg
    705 x 628 - 66K
    aputure7.jpg
    843 x 830 - 102K
    aputure8.jpg
    801 x 796 - 108K
  • 38 Replies sorted by
  • @smoke23

Number of leds? :-)

• According to the comment below in this video:

they upgraded the 528 to CRI 95+. If this is true, then what's the difference between these and the HR672?

• Just received 2 528W's. I definitely prefer these over my spot version, but each has it's own use. Also, they are completely silent, with no high pitch noise present. They must've made adjustments!

• @kevin_kirchman

I referenced factory to your video and described all issues.

• It would be nice to know what kind of a green spike it has.

It is more on the magenta side not green.

• Hmmm, doesn't seem to bad after all. It would be nice to know what kind of a green spike it has. Really can't ask for too much at this price point though. Love to see a real world test of spot vs flood. Thanks for the review!

• Thank you for the review & recording the sound. The fact that it changes pitch means no simple "trow -on" fix. Hope they will fix this issue, then I will buy at least two of them.

Its really sad, beside the noise they look perfect - especially I like that they double as charger.

• Feel free to check out the video I made about the light. The sound test comes in right about 3 minutes in if you want to skip ahead.

• I'll be uploading a video tonight of an overview, as well as a microphone test of the noise. I was way off earlier saying 2 feet, more like 3-5 inches and you can't hear it anymore, at least by ear. The microphone will be the real test though.

• As long as it's constant I guess it could be removed but 1. I have enough of my own screw ups to fix and cover up in post :) 2. There's many other great options out there that don't make any noise.

• Indeed lights must not make noise. Sucks! Unavoidable with HMI but thats easy to filter. Could someone sample the noise and post it here so we can see if its removable with "trow on" filter?

• This is a bummer. If you can hear it with your ears within two foot, a Sennheiser 416 is going to pick it up for sure. That thing picks up crickets having sex! How far is the useable throw with the spot?

• I received my spot version a few days ago. It does have a very faint high pitch sound, but it doesn't seem like it would be a problem. I have to be within 2 feet of the light to actually hear it. It's present with both batteries only and AC power. However, the light is very useful. It's lightweight, can be portable with batteries and gives off some great light. Ill keep everyone posted on the whine too

• i just recieved mine today, wide. it also makes a faint hi pitch sound on power. first thing I noticed too. I dont think it would be loud enough to get picked up far away on a light stand but it is there. I just hope it wears itself in and goes away.

• Hmm, it is sad.

• So I received two of the spot version Aputure 528 LED lights. One of them makes a nasty sound when turned on, way too loud to use it with any kind of audio recording. The other one makes the same noise but much less audible, yet it's still there. So one of the two lights I got is effectively unusable for me. I'll contact the seller to see what he can do.

Anyone else has these lights and has that strange noise?

• @kevin_kirchman Your reviews will be very helpful :)

• I've got a spot version coming in next week. I'll be sure to let you guys know what I think.

• I ended up gettting the wide one from ebay for $180 posted. was really on the fence between the wide and spot. if anyone gets a spot feel free to throw up a review.

• Just found the deal on Amazon too:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D77X1BI

Looking forward to more reviews.

• I'll do a quick review sometime in the next month when I get the light.

• @RatLabProductions

Yep, you can get on ebay and make small review. I am sorry for deal delay as not all depends on me.

• I've seen the for about $180 plus free shipping from China or more local to me in Canada for $200.