Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Aputure AL-528W LED Video Light Panels
  • 38 Replies sorted by
  • Indeed lights must not make noise. Sucks! Unavoidable with HMI but thats easy to filter. Could someone sample the noise and post it here so we can see if its removable with "trow on" filter?

• As long as it's constant I guess it could be removed but 1. I have enough of my own screw ups to fix and cover up in post :) 2. There's many other great options out there that don't make any noise.

• I'll be uploading a video tonight of an overview, as well as a microphone test of the noise. I was way off earlier saying 2 feet, more like 3-5 inches and you can't hear it anymore, at least by ear. The microphone will be the real test though.

• Feel free to check out the video I made about the light. The sound test comes in right about 3 minutes in if you want to skip ahead.

• Thank you for the review & recording the sound. The fact that it changes pitch means no simple "trow -on" fix. Hope they will fix this issue, then I will buy at least two of them.

Its really sad, beside the noise they look perfect - especially I like that they double as charger.

• Hmmm, doesn't seem to bad after all. It would be nice to know what kind of a green spike it has. Really can't ask for too much at this price point though. Love to see a real world test of spot vs flood. Thanks for the review!

• It would be nice to know what kind of a green spike it has.

It is more on the magenta side not green.

• @kevin_kirchman

I referenced factory to your video and described all issues.

• Just received 2 528W's. I definitely prefer these over my spot version, but each has it's own use. Also, they are completely silent, with no high pitch noise present. They must've made adjustments!

• According to the comment below in this video:

they upgraded the 528 to CRI 95+. If this is true, then what's the difference between these and the HR672?

• @smoke23

Number of leds? :-)