Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DaVinci Resolve 10

This is a no charge upgrade for existing customers and will be available in Q3.

What's new in DaVinci Resolve 10

Resolve Live

• Grade Live incoming SDI video and save grading snapshots with metadata and stills

New Editing Enhancements for Project Finishing

• Multi track video and audio editing
    • Extensive clip trimming support
    • High quality optical flow image processing
    • Static, lower third, scroll and crawl titles
    • Compound clips
    • Three point and four point fit-to-fill editing
    • Transform, crop and opacity video effects
    • Multiple Take selection
    • Expanded XML and AAF roundtrip support
    • Built-in generators for bars and test patterns
    • Audio level controls with track mixing
    • Matchframe linking for source and timeline viewers
    • Stereoscopic 3D editing
    • Media Pool list view now includes a filmstrip view

New Color Correction Enhancements

• Support for an unlimited number of industry standard OpenFX plug-ins per clip
    • Unlimited Power Windows per node
    • New Gradient Power Window
    • Power Window presets to combine multiple windows
    • PowerCurve Window freehand drawing and processing enhancements
    • Copy and Paste of Tracking Data between Power Windows
    • Power Window rotation available on the 4th trackball on the BMD control panel
    • Motion Effects palette - In full version of DaVinci Resolve
    • Chrominance control for Spatial noise reduction - In full version of DaVinci Resolve
    • Temporal noise reduction - In full version of DaVinci Resolve
    • Motion blur - In full version of DaVinci Resolve
    • Enhanced blur with 10x range increase
    • Contrast and pivot controls in 3-Way color and Primary palettes
    • Split screen viewer display with SDI output
    • CinemaDNG and ARRI Raw decoder options for half and quarter resolution
    • Debayer and image scaling quality modes for systems with low GPU power
    • Keyframe Timeline metadata now saved with Gallery Stills
    • Drag and drop stills between Gallery pages
    • Grab missing stills for all clips
    • PowerGrades will now be append to the node editor with double click
    • Enhanced Lightbox display with colour correction controls and SDI output
    • Node based PTZR controls
    • Corrector Node RGB/YUV selector for channel isolation
    • Splitter and Combiners Nodes for single channel effects
    • Optimized latency while grading complex node graphs
    • Render Cache metadata is now saved with the project
    • Global grade bypass for quick before/after grade review
    • Auto Stabilization improvements to track shots with camera pans
    • Additional External Matte Freeze and current clip settings
    • Burn-in options for individual and global formatting and whether to display item labels
    • User selectable LUT selection for GUI Viewer and Scopes
    • Printer Light Hotkey grading
    • Additional timeline filters to sort the colour and deliver timelines
    • Keyboard shortcut to full screen viewer mode
    • Media and Edit page viewer now includes a zoom to fit selector
    • The switching clip selection now also in the node editor options menu
    • Projects can now be arranged and saved within project folders for easy organisation
    • Projects and project folders can be cut and pasted between project folders
    • 3rd party panel improvements

Media Support Enhancements

• AVI clip decoding
    • JPEG 2000 decoding
    • Viewer display with side-by-side audio waveform or VU display options
    • Auto Sync of Dailies audio and video using matching time code
    • Edit clip metadata concurrently with audio and video sync
    • User definable preset list of metadata to be displayed on screen
    • Log ACES support
    • Sony Slog2 IDT for ACES
    • Canon C500 IDT for ACES
    • Additional Media Pool fields for clip metadata includes shot, scene, take, angle, circled and camera roll #

Deliver Enhancements

• Audio tracks are now displayed in the timeline with video clips
    • Audio VU meters with dBu and VU range selection
    • Additional render option to JPEG 2000 for DCP generation
    • Additional render resolution templates
    • Render settings now include optional render job version name
    • Integration with easyDCP using license purchased from EasyDCP (Available for Mac and Windows)

General Enhancements

• OpenCL support for multiple AMD GPUs on Windows
    • Menu bar support on Linux
    • Linux CentOS 6.3 support
    • General performance and stability improvements
    scr-edit.jpg
    909 x 348 - 76K
    davinci-resolve-10 live.jpg
    960 x 482 - 110K
  • 177 Replies sorted by
  • Has anyone had an issue with the mist filter bug where it acts like blur instead? So annoying...

• After two days of trying-out, I still don't know how to fool with the user interface. To me the interface is not working right with Retina macbook Pro 2013. This problems has not been solved, looking on google. It might just me with Retinal late 2013 -;) ? Has someone in PV had user interface ( windows screen size ) with Retina Macbook Pro?

• @blackspot It's called 'highlight' because it is the setting that shows the highlighting of selected colours when using the eyedropper for selective colour grading.

• @ tonalt, sorry, i was thinking that tinbeo was taking about Resolve 11 (he said: the new lite version). Changes are are coming in the new version, anyway MTS files are not supported on Resolve 10.

• @Celullo That page is for Resolve 11. This topic is about 10.

• @tinbeo, have look here: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/compare you'll find this info: NEW : Decoding of Panasonic MTS video Great news isn't it ?

• Could some one confirm that new lite version support mts files yet?

• Hi. I just started learning of Resolve from the beginning. I spent hours to figure out how to make viewer show OUTPUT of the WHOLE NODE TREE ("PROGRAM"), since resolve shows output of selected node as default in viewer window. I was very frustrated but accidentally selected VIEW-> HIGHLIGHT. This apparently does the trick, and shows PROGRAM FEED on the VIEWER WINDOW.

The BIG QUESTION remains : WHY IS IT CALLED "HIGHLIGHT" ?

• @B3Guy ACES LUT's are designed to convert between colour spaces, not really what you need. On a Mac you can calibrate the display gamma to be 2.35 for EBU spec. In my experience no computer monitor will be perfectly accurate. Nothing beats an external calibrated monitor.

• Has anyone tried using ACES as a means for monitoring broadcast on a computer (sRGB) monitor? Would it be possible to use the ACES "LUT"-thingies as as a sort of calibration? (i.e. Set the monitor and OS to sRGB and use ACES in an output display mode of broadcast to sRGB?)

• I haven't been following this thread, so if it's been mentioned before, sorry! But I just made a tutorial for Mac users trying to export XML to Resolve.

http://jonpais.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/how-to-import-xml-files-into-resolve-without-crashes/

• Just finished a Lightroom Shadows and Highlights simulation powergrade. Of course working with H.264, the results wont be nearly as good, but it helps especially in the shadows.

• Im happy to finally release version 2 of the clarity and vibrance simulation powergrade. I did some research and discovered that Lightroom's vibrance did more than I initially thought, so I replicated its behavior as best I could In Resolve. I also adjusted the clarity simulation to be a more simple solution which still works fairly well.

• @lunalobo75 You are welcome, did you try it out? What do you think of it?

• EDIT: A better clarity version will be released soon. I realized some mistakes, and the coming version will actually be a true local contrast adjustment.
  • @joethepro This is very helpful - thanks, man.

• I have created a powergrade that simulates Adobe Lightroom's "Clarity" and "Vibrance" tools. Its not perfect, but it is very close. Here's the first version, I will update the powergrade if I find a way to improve it. When you append the node graph, it gets a little sloppy, but its managable.

Separate nodes at bottom for:

• Saturation
    • Vibrance (adjust saturation slider)
    • Clarity (adjust output gain in key area)

Get it here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=84027486602946538525

(** Ignore the attached file **)

CLARITY_VIBRANCE_v1.jpg
  • I have a problem with Davinci 10.1 the retail version. Often times I get flashing frames of the original mixed with my color graded footage. Sometimes if I restart and run Davinci alone without any other programs in the background, it will not happen. It's either memory bandwith (16 gigs) or the Cuda card not being fast enough. This did not happen with v.10 Davinci Resolve 10 Lite. Anyone know?

• I asked Vlad the day before yesterday and he said that they still need to run some test.

• To those who observed the bug with temporal OFX filters like Neatvideo in the last version, like stuttering frames or frames from the wrong place in renders:

Has this been fixed?

• Released DaVinci Resolve 10.1.2 for Mac, Windows and Linux OS:

• The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K Film to Rec709 LUT
    • Support for simultaneous video I/O for Resolve Live, when using Desktop Video 10 with a single DeckLink or Ultrastudio
    • Support for SLog3, SGamut3 and SGamut3Cine for Sony Raw
    • Support for Sony SLog3 to Rec709 1D LUT
    • Support for Sony SLog3-SGamut3Cine to Rec709 3D LUT
  • I think that I've figured it out (and in the manual, of all places!). It turns out that you can't sync audio in the Edit tab and export single clips. You have to batch synchronize timecode in the Media Pool. It's on page 122 of the manual: http://software.blackmagicdesign.com/DaVinciResolve/Manual/DaVinci_Resolve_Colorist_Reference_Manual_Nov_2013.pdf