Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • More will be in focus.

• Just got myself a Brand new Computar TV Zoom Lens M6Z 1212 12.5-75mm F1.2 C-Mount lens for $130 lucked out with that one, there is one more on Ebay right now asking price $250. This lens covers the full frame of the Super16 sensors @ 12.5mm.

• Just bought a 14-45mm for usd155! Hahhahaha

The hunt for the 7-14mm begins.....

• This guy is selling brand new Pentax/Cosmicars 25mm 1.4:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/321112715051?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

He has more than one.

• Does anybody have any examples of what the DOF would look like at 1.2 to 1.4 on this camera. I'm looking to buy a very fast super 16 lens like the computar. To get a 7d look at 2.2. Would this look the same?

• To get a 7d look at 2.2.

This is not the intension of this camera. If it's a must, get another camera with a bigger sensor.

• @eyeiaye Yes. For example 25mm f1.2 on the Pocket Camera should look roughly about the same as 47mm f2.2 on a 7d.

• What would be the aquivalent for the SK 25mm 0,95, seb3000?

• Is there any reason why lenses like the Pentax 6mm 1.2 C mount wouldn't work? I know they got used on GH cameras in crop mode.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/573470-REG/Pentax_C60607KP_C60607KP_1_2_C_Mount.html

Does anyone have any suggestions for other new C Mount quality glass that isn't too expensive. It's a shame the scarlet interchangeable glass wasn't made, it seems like it could of been great. I wonder if any other third part Scarlet lenses got made in anticipation of the original interchangeable.

• Just thinking about all the complaints that came along with the BMCC and the price of SSD's. Realistically, SSDs are cheaper per GB than the fast SD cards required for the BMPCC, but haven't heard much static about that yet.

Doesn't really bother me, makes the offload process a bit easier with the SD cards and they're smaller. Just throwing it out there.

I'm expecting to see drops in fast SD card prices coming up in the next year anyways so life is good for us filmmakers.

• A lot c mount adapter/lenses require shimming so focus matches indicated marks,

• Also, has anyone looked into the MITAKON 35mm f/0.95? I know it will be a bit telephoto on the Super 16 sensor, but that could be a reasonably priced very fast lens that would give great low light performance to the BMPCC.

• On the lensside im complete now:

Cosmicar 6,5mm f1.8 fixed focus 1' =>18,7mm!

Cosmicar 12,5 f1.4 silver version 1' =>36mm! Razor sharp at f2!

SK Cinegon 16mm f1.4 1'=> 46mm

SK Xenon 25mm f0,95 1'=> 72mm

On longer side plenty of glasses...

• does anybody know how sharp the computar TV lenses are?

• also does anybody know a very high quality C Mount adapter for this camera?

• @eyeiaye I don't know much about adapters, but I bought this one that was recommended by someone and I've had no problems using it with a Tamron 4-12mm on my GH2. Quality seems good to me and it's only $25.

http://m.adorama.com/newui/search.aspx?sku=VDCM43&MerchantOverride=ADORAMA&MerchantData=20121129102555355yg

• Great! Does anybody know what the best C Mount lens will be for this? I want something that will give me shallow DOF and will be tack sharp. Any suggestions?

• Must say that sample footage looks very very nice! Cant wait to see what the camera looks like with some other known lenses, like the 25mm f1.4 summilux, the 14mm 2.5 and the SLR Magic f.95 etc.. I'd like to see how much shallow DOF we can squeeze out of this thing given the sensor size. I can get way more shallow than I like on the GH2 this may be a perfect match for my taste.

I personally think the other industry player,s have lots of catch up to do now.

• eyeiaye: I have a 12.5mm and 25mm cosmicar f1.9 and i highly recommend the f1.9s.. they are well built and give a decent image. I took one apart completely and it has a 10 leaf shutter, with brass/alum mechanics throughout. Very well built lens

• To all the folks excited about c-mount lenses: ultra-wide CCTV lenses tend to have awful barrel distortion. I tried a whole bunch when I was looking at getting a Pentax Q. I couldn't find anything in the sub-10mm range that didn't give a look like GoPro. If that's what you're looking for, great. But I was unable to find anything that was wide and not fishy.

Also, many have odd irises with three or two (square) leaves. Wide open, this isn't an issue. Stopped down it made for weird bokeh. Also know that most of the zooms are not parfocal. In fact, they're so not parfocal, that if there's a term for the opposite of parfocal, they're exactly that.

This is not to discourage anyone--by all means, check them out and let us know all about them! But know the possible limitations before you buy.

My experience with the Computar lenses was: solid build, too much distortion. Similar issues on some of the Fuji ones too. Can't remember specific models, but everything I looked has was f2 or faster.

Lenses like Angenieux are geared toward film makers, so they tend to have less distortion, be easier to use live. But they probably don't go as wide as some of the CCTV targeted lenses.

I'd LOVE to see a database assembled with distortion characteristics for all the C-mount lenses.

• http://siammirrorless.com/board/index.php?topic=508.0

A great test of super wide c-mount lenses; cant speak Thai but i think the pictures speak forthemself.

• The nice thing about cctv lenses is that they are cheap cheap cheap. It's important to note barrel distortion, but that is often a desired look. There's no 'wrong' way to shoot anything, provided that it's your intent to shoot it that way