Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Schneider Cine-Digitar Anamorphic 1.33x Projection Lenses?
  • I stumbled on B&H's selection of high-end anamorphic projection lenses this evening and I'm wondering, is there any reason these couldn't be attached to a camera and act like a high end version of the LA7200? I know they're radically expensive, but that aside, what am I missing?

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Could these be put in front of a camera? Probably. Are people putting these in front of cameras? Probably not. Though I did see a blog post of someone with way too much time or money (or both) who rigged up his DSLR with an Isco II or Isco III.

• Sorry if the topic seemed redundant, didn't want to go offtopic on the LA7200 thread.

No, it is ok :-)

I just think that few spend so much money on projection lenses to use them such :-)

• Yup, I've scoured them, and posted in many of them, seen the Iscos and the Clamps and the rest, but have not come across anyone, anywhere on the internet using these $4,000-$11,000 Schneider things with the 1.33 ratio which I prefer. Sorry if the topic seemed redundant, didn't want to go offtopic on the LA7200 thread.

• You can try to search for "anamorphic lenses" or similar, it had been many discussions including projection lenses.