Personal View site logo
Schneider Cine-Digitar Anamorphic 1.33x Projection Lenses?
  • I stumbled on B&H's selection of high-end anamorphic projection lenses this evening and I'm wondering, is there any reason these couldn't be attached to a camera and act like a high end version of the LA7200? I know they're radically expensive, but that aside, what am I missing?

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • You can try to search for "anamorphic lenses" or similar, it had been many discussions including projection lenses.

• Yup, I've scoured them, and posted in many of them, seen the Iscos and the Clamps and the rest, but have not come across anyone, anywhere on the internet using these $4,000-$11,000 Schneider things with the 1.33 ratio which I prefer. Sorry if the topic seemed redundant, didn't want to go offtopic on the LA7200 thread.

• Sorry if the topic seemed redundant, didn't want to go offtopic on the LA7200 thread.

No, it is ok :-)

I just think that few spend so much money on projection lenses to use them such :-)

• Could these be put in front of a camera? Probably. Are people putting these in front of cameras? Probably not. Though I did see a blog post of someone with way too much time or money (or both) who rigged up his DSLR with an Isco II or Isco III.