Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
YouTube Pal Settings
  • We have been uploading to YouTube for a number of years now and although I am reasonably pleased with the final look there is one thing that I can't seem to get right. Motion seems to be jumpy and certainly shots with a lot of movement come out quite poor. Here is my workflow:

1080/50 p footage edited

Output to 1080/25p Mp4 h264 codec 10000 mbps

Upload to YouTube

I have read on the YouTube site that you should keep your footage frame rate and your output the same but I thought that conflicted with other information I read that said you should output to Mp4 for best results ( cant have 50p with Mp4)

I thought I would ask here if there was anyone with similar experience here and any helpful tips. I did look at other topics but this question was not specifically addressed.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • For youtube you need 30p or 60p source, preferably :-)

We had some topics about it here. You cn just use frame interpolation available in your NLE to export in 30p.

• I will run some tests on movement shots and upload at both 30p and 50p and see what difference it makes.

Main reason I don't want to upload at 50p is that I can achieve a much smaller file size with Mp4 and therefore fast upload times

• Again, 50p is also not good.

You need 30p. And need to use proper frame interpolation to make such video before sending it to youtube.