Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • IBC report filmed with GH3 and 12-35 f2.8 lens

• @lioneldm Yes the GH3 HDMI output works when ETC is on. HDMI output works perfect in all modes with the GH3.

• To clarify my question does HDMI out work on ETC for the GH3?

• lioneldm @ I can say that ETC does not work with GH2 when on hdmi.

• Hi all, I've tried searching for the answer, I'm sure its been addressed but couldn't find it. Does ETC mode work with HDMI out?

• @imaginario - Thank you.

I just figured that out and came here to answer my own question :)

• Greenbean I think you must have Teleconverter turned on, since it only works at 24p at 60p is automaticaly turned off. Try going to menu and turn ETC off.

• Very nicely done and GH3 image is killer :)

• My GH3 has different HFOV (horizontal field of view) with different frame rates.

The same lens yields a different HFOV on these two settings: 1080/60p/50mbps & 1080/24p/50mbps

60P is wide and accurate. 24P is about 2X less FOV.

What am I missing?

• @vicharris no worries! Look forward to hearing about it all.

• @mediabrewer ...

Interesting. The sound was really pretty nice on the 'live' stuff. Nice job.

Neil

• Hey rNeil. I use Zoom H1 recorders with matchstick mic lapels attached and placed into pockets and edit on Adobe Premiere CC. Thanks belfryman!

• @mediabrewer Wow, lovely job. If you'd been around 23 years ago I'd have booked you!

• So, "mediabrewer", what were you using for sound capture/editing?

Neil

• Hello all. Just wanted to share my latest wedding highlight. Used 3 GH3 cameras paired with metabones adapters, Contax Zeiss Primes, and Tamron Zooms. Shot with the Standard Profile set to -3 -3 -2 -5 and color corrected using Davinci Resolve. Thanks for all the great input so far. Definitely enjoying this camera a lot.

• @5thwall You know what, I've had an update sitting in my apps for a bit now and didn't do it. S.O.B.!!! That will teach me to procrastinate! Also totally forgot to answer your email on the budget thing. I'll send you one in a little bit.

• @uzland 5DtoRGB has a batch version available in the app store for $$.

• @vicharris also, if you have FCPX, you can use that to batch transcode. Just copy the transcoded files folder located in the Final Cut Events folder.

• @vicharris do you have the latest version of 5DtoRGB? I read that there was an update that dealt with crashing due to GH3 footage.

• Just went through this last week editing some footage for a friend that was shot on the GH3. 5d to RGB wouldn't trancode the footage for some reason. Had to use streamclip and do every file individually. Changed everything to ProResHQ and worked fine in FCP7. Might be a better way but I was short on time.

• @uzland don't use cinestyle. that's for 5D footage shot with that setting. I know of people who use MPEG Streamclip. I'm pretty sure you can use it. Do a google search on it, I'm sure you'll get tons of answers.