Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • >Vitaliy. Some questions about the firmware. I thought it was encrypted. How did you crack the encryption ?

Try to read this and dumping topics.
  • Vitaliy. Some questions about the firmware. I thought it was encrypted. How did you crack the encryption ?
  • Either click on star in the right of topic title bar or just click in that box that says "Follows 20" :-)
    I know that this is kind of bad usability. We must improve it with time.
  • @Vitaliy - silly question, but how do you follow a topic? 20 people have done it but I can't see how. Cheers, Mark
  • >any more news on the GH2 hack

I am busy doing other things, including many not related to hack.
    Follow this topic and you'll know as soon as we'll have major news on upcoming hack.
  • any more news on the GH2 hack. I am eager to buy the GH2 but not sure if its worth buying the Japanese Version because its about 400$ cheaper.

Thanks
  • >Guys, please start a new thread, this is for the GH2 hack.

I moved all posts to specific topics.
  • Guys, please start a new thread, this is for the GH2 hack.
  • Vitaliy, I know you hear this a billion times but keep up the great work. I've been traveling around 7 countries in the past 3 months with my GH2 and I've been keeping track of your progress every step of the way.

The cam is alright, but I can't wait til' you unleash beast mode on this baby.

Go project Stalin.
  • Re-moved
  • > Can I request 25 hours/day for PAL and 23.976 hours/day for all NTSC countries?

> I would love to see 60 hours(actually 59.94 hours) in a day eventually.

> I'm afraid due to hardware limitations we can only do that by interlacing the hours of two half-days. If that doesn't make sense, it will in an hour ; ).

I think it will actually be 59.94 minutes per hour, with 30 days per month for NTSC and 31 days per month in PAL countries. On the poles there will be a perfect 180 days shutter speed to avoid any rolling and broken frames.

There are rumors, though, that in Russia there will be 13 months in a year.
  • The GH1 costs about half of what the GH2 does. That is a benefit. Otherwise, most likely not.
  • Would there be any benefits to having a GH1 over the GH2 once the hack is released?
  • I´ve got mine today. Can´t wait for the hack.
  • With the added B frames, sharper image and lower instances of banding, etc, the picture would look much better than the GH1 as similar bitrates. I'm also thinking that the 50Mb range would be stunning and much better than the GH1 at 100Mb+. We'll see shortly.
  • The real question is "Will we see any difference between 100 and 150 mb/sec?". Personally I think 40-60 mb/sec is plenty. If you re-encode at all you will loose any benefits from going with an extremely high bit rate.
  • I think the most exciting thing to learn once the hack is ready, is the high bitrate. We have 100mb rates now on a Gh-1 with 2 Venus processors. SD cards are getting faster. The GH-2 has 3 Venus engines. And I'm guessing more cache do to the larger Mega-pixels. Could we be squeezing out 150mb per sec?
  • Atlitchna! Bolchoïe spassibo!!

I have coding c++>asm in my youth for hack/studying some alarm security breaks, i know that you need a lot of patience... :-)
  • >Just to know if the hack is now an inevitable issue, and just a coding question time..

It is inevitable issue, but I need time :-)
  • > When are you going to start hacking "time" then? Can I request 25 hours in a day for PAL countries and 23.976 hours in a day for all NTSC countries.

(giggle)

> I would love to see 60 hours(actually 59.94 hours) in a day eventually.

I'm afraid due to hardware limitations we can only do that by interlacing the hours of two half-days. If that doesn't make sense, it will in an hour ; ).
  • @Vitaliy
    When are you going to start hacking "time" then? Can I request 25 hours in a day for PAL countries and 23.976 hours in a day for all NTSC countries. I know it really isn't that big a difference but I am just anal that way.

I would love to see 60 hours(actually 59.94 hours) in a day eventually. However, I could live with having the option to select either 23.976 or 29.97(25 or 50 when visiting PAL countries) when I wake up in the morning. Is this possible? No rush, but I am willing to donate BIG money if you think this is possible.

:)
  • Hello everybody, and thanks to VK to don't give the hack segment to only sony and ml team (hacking the hackaptilalism let me be double happy to choose the panny 'prosumer' transformed in a big killa by "only a russian hacker") ;-)

>I am still working on reversing and
    ptool related code. All is going good.<<br />
    Did you mean that a simple 'official' reversing as already fonctionnal? Just to know if the hack is now an inevitable issue, and just a coding question time..^^

Thanks for you communities work!
    And hello from paris.
  • Btw, I am also fixing this forum engine issues from time to time :-)
    Today email notices on followed topics started working as expected (this had been bug with about a year history).