Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • @KrisCanonizado
    @feha

To PTool 3.60D topic, please.

>What is the problem ?

Problem is that current bitrate patch won't change average bitrate. Period.
  • Just finished final testing of bitrate patches.
    The only one patch will be enough to set bitrate for particular mode and go shooting.
    Remaining time will be accurate and all else necessary things will be done transparently.
    If you'll need to adjust encoder behaviour even more you could also do it using new patches for testers.

As soon as I'll fix few other things and some hints I'll release 3.61D :-)
    Most probably within 24h.
  • Super!!! GH2 in steroid soon
  • Great - I'm in tears now, tears of joy - not 25p kind of tears LOL
  • I've been shooting all day and I'm super tired but to come home to news like this....it makes me want to go back out and shoot with this asap! Man, Im wide awake with excitement!

Oh gosh I'm hyped!
  • @mistan With Ya man!! I was going to bed and then i read this!?!? yea.. right... i am now bound to think of the new release all night until i actually test it out as i imagine the quality that will make all my "dreams in digital" come true..
  • Awesome.
  • @V., I have a theory why we get the colour changes from live monitoring to recording. I suspect during live view the sensor is running at 120fps for fast focusing. That means that the processor(s) have to do much more work, and there isn't time left to apply some colour processing (lookup tables etc). That's why they only kick in when you hit record and the sensor drops back to 24/30/50/60 fps.
  • ""As soon as I'll fix few other things and some hints I'll release 3.61D :-)
    Most probably within 24h.""

O_O
  • "Most probably within 24h."

Hard waiting...
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    Would be nice having a thread resuming what is possibile achieve with the new patch/ptool.
    After reading this 3d and the ptool 3d I'm a little bit confused
  • PTool v3.61d released

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/414/ptool-3.61d-topic

Any discussion of new PTool in this topic will be prosecuted.
    Use link above, please.
  • My understandig is that GH2 sensor output always is progressive, For FSH and FH are the 2 interlaced frames taken from same p-frame skipping every other or is it thru interlased where i-frames are taken from each (half) p-frame?
  • As I have understood it the sensor output on GH2 is 50/60p. So when recording in interlaced mode the fields originate from separate frames. Thus deinterlacing does not produce true 25P as it did on GH1 with 25P sensor output.
  • Sorry if this is already mentioned, but do you think it will be possible to allow audio to pass through HDMI while recording? This would allow live audio monitoring using devices like Small HD DP4.
  • It's possible to cut the ISO? I meant to start from 0 ISO, 20 ISO, etc... not 160
  • >It's possible to cut the ISO? I meant to start from 0 ISO, 20 ISO, etc... not 160

Nope.
  • I apologize if this is the wrong threat to post in or if it has been discussed before but I have searched and could not find an answer.

I just installed Ptools with just some basic 'safe' features, and everything is working fine besides an error when trying to playback footage and deleting footage. I get a "THIS MOTION IMAGE CANNOT BE PLAYED BACK ERROR" when trying to playback and a "WRITE ERROR PLEASE CHECK THE CARD" error when trying to delete files.
  • Nevermind. I realized it was the increase in audio bitrate. Sorry for the wasted space.
  • Can I ask a very general question here?

Is there any effort in making 1080p30 available for the GH2?

I'm getting the impression that 1080p60 is impossible (can anybody confirm if this is so?), but can we get at least 30 fps? The native 24 fps suck badly.
  • @yosemite

30p is present in original GH2. Using variable movie mode.
  • I apologize for the lack of clarity. What I meant was 30p with bitrate of at least 24 mbit/sec.
  • @yosemite

??

Variable mode use same bitrate that 24fps modes.