Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Pure notebooks as tablets alternative
  • This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer presents 1080p W700 tablet with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I am dissapointed, I was going to grab one of the Acer W700 tablets. I wanted the thunderbolt for use with BMDCC and ultrascope.

Acer announced they had dropped the thunderbolt from the specifications about a month before the release.

I always lease my notebooks. So it was off to the Apple Shop for me.

• I got a Macbook Pro today .. am on it now .. it's way funny (weird) but I am sure I can adjust. The price of getting thunderbolt NOW .. it has 2 graphic cards .. 2 thunderbolts .. and very nice screen.

I am couldn't wait for thunderbolt to get to windows, I tried

• @kavadni Which model did you grab?

• @vicharris .. A1398 .. meaningless

15" Retina 2880x1800, 2.3GHz, 8GB, 256GB SSD
    it has Intel HD4000 and Nvidia GT650M 1GB
    Also 2 x Thunderbolt, 2 x USB3, and HDMI out

It's the second best one

I think it will do everything I need for both BMD and shooting 3D

• In part I managed to squeeze into the budget by getting Jane (the missus) a new ipad in the lease deal .. I also scored a new playstation 3 because lease was over $3000 .. putting that away for my son at xmas

• Got it. Do you know if they'll have provide the Acer with Thunderbolt or has it been dropped all together?

• I think that Thunderbolt will eventually be available on windows machines, I doubt that Acer will ever do it on the W700 .. it will be a new model.