Personal View site logo
Pure notebooks as tablets alternative
  • This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer presents 1080p W700 tablet with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I am dissapointed, I was going to grab one of the Acer W700 tablets. I wanted the thunderbolt for use with BMDCC and ultrascope.

Acer announced they had dropped the thunderbolt from the specifications about a month before the release.

I always lease my notebooks. So it was off to the Apple Shop for me.

• I got a Macbook Pro today .. am on it now .. it's way funny (weird) but I am sure I can adjust. The price of getting thunderbolt NOW .. it has 2 graphic cards .. 2 thunderbolts .. and very nice screen.

I am couldn't wait for thunderbolt to get to windows, I tried

• @kavadni Which model did you grab?

• @vicharris .. A1398 .. meaningless

15" Retina 2880x1800, 2.3GHz, 8GB, 256GB SSD
    it has Intel HD4000 and Nvidia GT650M 1GB
    Also 2 x Thunderbolt, 2 x USB3, and HDMI out

It's the second best one

I think it will do everything I need for both BMD and shooting 3D

• In part I managed to squeeze into the budget by getting Jane (the missus) a new ipad in the lease deal .. I also scored a new playstation 3 because lease was over $3000 .. putting that away for my son at xmas

• Got it. Do you know if they'll have provide the Acer with Thunderbolt or has it been dropped all together?

• I think that Thunderbolt will eventually be available on windows machines, I doubt that Acer will ever do it on the W700 .. it will be a new model.