Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • http://www.skateboart.es/skateboart.es/under_construction_website.html Here the original, with no youtube compresion, just quicktime

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.5 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - Seta.ini - Released 09/10/2012 http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/91102#Comment_91102

• Two more massive screen shots of Intravenus this time.

Small house session with Avi Buffalo. Olympus 28mm and a Lomo 135mm. DIY lights.

Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 12.29.31 PM.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
    Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 12.27.19 PM.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • Next test @ 59.96 fps

• Testing @Driftwood Cluster v7 'Apocalypse Now Nebula' 6 GOP

I know youtube sucks but need it. Tomorrow will be @ https://vimeo.com/user5751733

• How can I disable the Pasadena Audio, because I have to shoot in Nebula and edit with other clips without hack. Thanks!

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.4 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - Setc.ini - Released 08/10/2012 http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/90981#Comment_90981

bkmcwd Valkyrie Flat4 'Apocalypse Now' with Driftwood's Flat 4 Matrix in all modes - Setd.ini - Released 08/10/2012 http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/90974#Comment_90974

• Just a little outtake from something I shot at the weekend, using AN444 Soft.

• @pvjames same here, but looking forward for IntraVenus Cinema Matrix.

• @driftwood: Looking forward to V8 Nick. Plain awesomeness.

• apocalypse now "boom"

• @Diffusion33 @nomad Thanks guys, I was mainly concerned about image quality. I think i'll start with the 17.5mm and go from there.

• The 17.5 is just as great as the 25 – only different. I tested both and went for the 17.5, since the 25 is just a 'normal' lens on the GH2 and feeling a bit stale in image composition (but that's me).

The 17.5 already has a true 'wide' feeling and is more interesting without being too extreme for close-ups and not too much perspective distortion when moving the camera.

Technically thye are both fantastic, it's a matter of taste (well, and money).

• @strancali Unfortunately, i do not own either of these lenses, however i have had the pleasure of using the 25mm and it's a wonderful lens. From what i've seen and read the 17.5mm seems to be a superb lens matching the 25 in color and sharpness. I own a couple of stepless lenses and for my money i would go for the 17.5mm for that feature alone.

• @Diffusion33 Hi, no I wasn't undecided because of the patch, I just wanted to see how it looks with the 25mm :). Do you think the image quality is the same between the two? I've seen so many sell their 17.5 to get the 25 again so it made me wonder.

• @strancali to be honest i don't see what a patch as got to do between choosing these two lenses!!!! If money is no object then go for the 17.5mm. The benefit of having the stepless aperture is worth it. There's already topic about 17.5mm with examples! There's also footage in previous topic with the voight 25mm but i still not sure how this will help you decide what lens to go for?!

• @jdude Do you have any footage of Voigt 25mm and the Sharp2? I am currently torn between the Voigt 17.5mm and the 25mm. Deciding which one to get.

• @Diffusion33 For now I,m testing the Sharp2 with the Voigtlander and looks very nice with a FADER HD Variable ND filter. I will try the soft next. Thanks.

• @jdude i would suggest to try both and see what works best for you. In my recent tests i've found the soft to work really well with my 14-140 and my helios 44M. In regards to voight it really depends how you're going to be using it! The voight can be soft and sharp. If wide open, night shoots probably go with sharp, but if your going to do day time/well lit stuff from f5.6 and above go with soft. It also depends what ND filter you are using!!

• I use cluster v7 for my GH2 and GF3, and the result is very AMAZING!

• Hey guys check the video I did with cluster v6 recently in Bulgaria.

Would love to hear your feedback on this. Basically it's a music video of a street performance in three acts. Cheers.

• @artardi And that if you leave it so? @jdude sharp2.

2c4230040e8d59421c0a37429c56b4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 647K
  • I'm using a 25mm Voitlander 0.95. Is better to use the sharp2 or the soft in 'Apocalypse Now' - 6 GOP Nebula '444 Soft' matrix?

• @driftwood does cluster 8 will push gh2 to its limit or its the intavenus??