Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Beginners: Basic hacks questions
  • 1012 Replies sorted by
  • I am going to load orion V4b now since this is intra should i create a AVC-Intra PROJECT in premiere pro or still AVCHD?

• I have one stupid question. Are all these hacks and patches only about video? When I open whatever topic I see only stuff related to video. So, I feel that nothing can help improve my GF3 but buy better camera.

• So, I feel that nothing can help improve my GF3 but buy better camera.

I know one thing that can greatly improve your GF3.
    It is called good book about photography techniques. :-)

• Hi guys, I think I have to go back at school...

I'm doing some test with the SEDNA settings; 1080-24p. Streamparser says tha my files are 24p. I imported in Edius and I'm getting a lot of ghosting on moving objects. On Edius if I show the clip properties it says that the frame rate is 23.98.

Which is wrong? Please don't shoot at me :(

Bye

• I can't grab/download the patches off this site on my Mac with either Safari or Firefox. I've tried option, control, & shift clicking, still no luck. Please help - Thankyou.

Shayne

• @mozes @mpgxsvcd

Some results of my first video test with GH2:

(btw: is not my youtube account, it's the farmer's which wanted to drive just for me..)

What do you think ? It's not stabilized, It has Sanity 3.1, auto focus, 720 50p, 1/100 on manual

My first problems are gone, but how can I improve further ? It looks a bit "don't know, just don't like it.."

• @Jaapsb

Good first attempt. Everything you need is still in the original data you captured. It just appears that your editing was not up to par. I assume you shot 720p @ 60 FPS. Youtube can only display @ 30 FPS for 720p video.

You need to slow the video down to ½ of its original speed. That will preserve the 60 FPS you originally recorded but conform it to a frame rate youtube can handle.

Also you way over compressed the video. Even youtube video should not look that compressed. You have completely and utterly wasted any benefit that the hack gives you. Try rendering the video to very high quality H.264 in the 24-40 mb/sec range.

I can’t wait to see what it looks like once you slow it down and get the compression figured out. It looked cool it just had too many artifacts and it was a little choppy. Make sure you render to 29.97 FPS for NTSC video and not 30.00 FPS.

• @mpgxsvcd

Ok, thanks, I shoot in 720 50p not 60P , PAL I also tried to export in 50p to vimeo, but was looking the same.

I am using Magix video deluxe 17 for editing.

I will have a look, if I can Render it higher, but at which frame rate exactly, because I shoot in 50p??

Thanks, really great I am learning a lot, the frames per second thing is not the easiest thing to understand.

• And btw, do I need to slow down the clips in post editting, or only give desired fpv when exporting?

• @Jaapsb

I think PAL is exactly 50 FPS(Someone please correct me if that is not accurate). I don’t work in PAL formats often.

Just slow the video down by .5x. Your editing software should give you the option to slow it down. If not then you could also use something like twixtor or virtual dub to do it and interpolate frames.

Just doing the normal slow down should work though.

• @jaapB i agree with @mpgxsvcd abouth the rendering settings
    Pal is exact 50 fps, youtube/vimeo re-compress it exactly to 25 fps, i have no problems there ( i also use pal).
    Just checked the magix page and i read this.
    Ondersteunde exportformaten Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, QuickTime™, WMV(HD)

The best option you got is (ad least thats what i am thinking) is to use QuickTime™
    Download the DNxHD codec here http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=423319
    You get big files and a some flatter colors, you have to play with it to find the correct setting, but the quality is realy amazing.
    Just take a short clip 30 seconds is enough.
    Take a clip with a lot off color and movement in it, let the codec in magix work.
    And render that clip with different settings in DNxHD, and compare them..
    youtube/vimeo and exposureroom don't have problems with DNxHD, after upload you get a mail with the message you did use i very high unnecessary bitrate, they give you tips on howto setup for online video, just ignore it.

• Ok, so I assume I have to try 25 fps as being 1/2 of 50p.

I already used my weekly hd upload on vimeo, so have to use Youtube, and reading they only take 30 fps... .??..

• try exposureroom

• Sorry Mozes, our posts crossed..

Ok, I am going to try With that codec tommorrow..

Trying all settings at the moment, strange thing is, you can import 50p in Magix, but can not export as 720 50p, only 1080 50 p.

And one other question, I almost don't dare to ask: but when exporting 50p clip, as a 25p, I have to double the speed of the movie first?? To get no slow motion..??

• I want to update my gh2 firmware, i have downloaded the new firmware GH2__V11.bin, where can i copy it?

• @trialboj to update to plain vanilla firmware 1.1, just put the .bin file on the root of you SD card, put it in camera (use fully charged battery NOT ac adapter), start up and press play within a second or two of starting up, then follow update menu. To apply a hack, you'll need ptool and that firmware file and some good settings file(s) from this community, or do your own simple hack by increasing bitrates)

• @jaapb nee je kan gewoon renderen naar 25p.. gewoon een clipje van een seconde of 30 gebruiken om wat export settings te proberen...

• Has anyone tried Sandisk Ultra (Class 10, not 6!) 30mb/s cards? If so, please specify what settings you were using and the results. Thanks.

• @jrd The sandisk 30mbs cards are pretty fast, you should have no problems running just about all settings available, I have the Extreme one myself 30mb/s (not the Ultra) and I've not had any issues.

There are 64gb 95mbs cards that you will find, being spoken about here, these allow spanning (continuous recording) on some settings, but with the 30mbs card you will be able to use all settings just not span on the very high bit rate ones, hope this helps :)

• Why does HBR only have a high bitrate setting? Normally we have a higher and a lower setting. Is that may be changeable?

• I have a beginner's question about setting the bitrates in my GH2. I'll be shooting a live event, and it will run to close to two hours. I'll be using the Cake patch, which was recommended in another thread about covering concerts. But, the Cake patch sets the bitrate at 70mbps-- which gives my 32gig card only about an hour's worth of recording time. I'll also be editing this footage with stuff i shoot with my TM700, which shoots at 28 mbps.

So I'm wondering about lowering the bitrate on the Cake patch to something lower, to gain more recording time, and to make a better match with my camcorder footage. If I take the Cake patch, and simply lower the bitrate to, say, 42 or even 30mbps, will it affect anything else-- like the camera's ability to span files for long takes?

• @Brian_Siano Try Flow Motion v1.11 or SpanMyBitchUp v2b on the 24L setting.

• Brian, shoot it unhacked, it is still good quality.

• hi guys

I'm a bit confused as to the GH2 burst mode. I love mysteron v.1 and also want to really test this new burst mode version. Please could anyone briefly explain the burst mode and how i activate it.

Is it 24p mode or stills mode?

Sorry if this is basic question.

This is my first test of the Mysteron v.1

• @jack There is no way to activate it, its just a different setting to download and try. Its called burst mode because its likely to only work for very short shots before it stops with a write error.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions