Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
BlackMagic: Official $2,995 raw cinema camera topic
  • 1156 Replies sorted by
  • @JDN make sure to turn HD on in the Vimeo clips, and the videos uploaded with very small dimensions and were scaled up. Very odd.

• Look like they pulled the thread about this camera off REDUSER. The post was near the top now... disappeared...

• @MichelleLane

Reduser is.. well reduser. Live with it. :-)

• @stonebat Where's the bleeding eyecup! They never get it, do they? ;)

• "could we sign a petition for a m43 compatible mount?" - YES!

If I could use my 4/3 Olympus lenses with that camera, it will be my next cam. And it will make it even more versatile as there are so many adapters for the m4/3 mount.

• @Psyco Yep, Imagine the Voigtländer 25mm f0.95 on this!

• Includes DaVinci Resolve 9.0!

• I think so many of us suspected this kind of thing happening eventually, but I was beginning to think it would take longer for someone to finally do it. I was actually considering looking into development myself using existing tech :)

This is great. Image Quality and Work flow taken into consideration from the ground up! That's the kind of thinking that made Apple successful. You can't just create a product in a vacuum. You want to think of how it integrates into an ecosystem and how people actually use the product. BRAVO BM!

• BM: "The service is unavailable" lol

• TTFN TV are just wondering live trough Black magic NAB stand - Maybe they find something! http://live.ttfn.tv/live-stream/

• The cameras and tech coming to fruition now (including the intra GH2 first & foremost) amount to a kind of evolutionary step forward in personal filmmaking.

• Pretty nicely thought out with the ports and SSD slot. I'm sure there will be a bigger sensor next year for 1500 bucks more. But this is really great. A nice balanced design for the new age.

• Simply SMART!! Would see Canon etc. Faces now!!

• I'm sure there will be a bigger sensor next year for 1500 bucks more.

Or may be for same price and this go down by $1500 :-)

• Sorry VK, specs only show up on first page, anyway cool camera.

GH2 sensor size is 17.3 x 9.7 mm, Black Magic is 15.6 x 8.8 mm

• Anyone find some screenshots of the footage? I like to see something uncompressed-like.

Why is the sensor's aspect ratio 1.18, yet it shoots 16:9? Would they be preparing for 2x anamorphic shooting?

• @ChrisPeters

This is unreadable, first.
    And all the specs are in the first post of this topic.

• @johnnym

I am sure you'll get all soon. Just be patient :-)

• @Macalincag yeah, I get its vimeo, but with HD turned on, it still looks way softer than even 5dmkIII videos on vimeo, and way way less IQ than countless gh2 hack videos on vimeo. Pls don't get me wrong, I'm so happy this is happening but at the moment it seems a lot of people are excited about the camera specs instead of being excited about the camera results. I'm intrigued, but based on what I've seen, not impressed yet. Maybe someone can share some links with better quality footage.

• i need an email i can spam with m43 request

• What's up with the sensor size? 16.64mm x 14.04mm full vs. 15.6mm x 8.8mm "active"? And the resolution drops from 2592x2192 pixels to 2432x1366 pixels in raw mode?

So I guess they just took some kind of "off the shelf" sensor with an inappropriate native aspect ratio and are just cropping to 16:9, right?

That's cool, but given the sensor size, the choice of EF and ZF mounts is curious... it's going to be very difficult to get decent wide angle for this if limited to lenses designed for full-frame 35mm format. It would make a ton of sense to add m43 mount and/or c mount as well.

• Well, this will definitely have the longest wait-list ever.

• Does it have automatic sensor cleaning? I'm thinking I saw a dust bunny in the sample footage. :\

• I've had a camera boner all morning... mmm :)

Where are those naysayers now who called us insane when some of us demanded a RAW 2k camera for under $4000 a few months ago? ;)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions