Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GHx/Gx/GFx/GXx questions and suggestions
  • Hello all, as, looking to a multiple number of posts, I haven't found an answer, I look for an answer.
    Meaning, technically, what would take to have the gh2 encoding in AVCHDintra 10bit?
    Does the camera lack of processor juice? Is it too complex programming wise? All of these combined? Developers need more supports?
    And please no aswer like "Ask Santa for next Christmas" or similar.
    Thank you all

• 65 Replies sorted by
  • Could you please suggest the best budget m43 body for casual stills?
    I'm thinking of selling my GH2 to fund the Lumix 12-35 for the BMPCC, and I'd like to be able to use that lens and my manual m43 glass also for some nice stills.
    I'm in no hurry, but I'd appreciate your insights. Thanks.

• Will there be any new hacks for GH2?

• GH2's burst mode (40fps) with electronic (silent) shutter is limited to 4 megapixels. Is it possible to increase it to full resolution? Of course burst rate can be slower (3-5 fps can be enough). I want to take full resolution photos in the burst mode with the electronic shutter.

• Do you have any plans to support AE lock for video mode on the Gx/GFx cameras?

This is really the only feature I miss and should me much easier to implement than complete manual video settings.

And are there any plans on hacking the Panasonic G5?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev thank you very much for your hardwork, i will donate to you sir..

• @MbhuyKo

I am working on this, but not made it yet.

• @vitaliy_keselev i wanna asking to you, can GF3 manual video setting like Panasonic GF1 firmware update that adds the GH1's manual video controls?!

• as nikichama said, being able to keep the shutter open longer then 60 seconds would be exactly what im looking for. Any chance that would be in a future ptool update?

• oh, and one thing that annoys me a bit,

the auto-bracketing feature is nice BUT if you only want 3 steps, you have only 3 choices, up to 1EV difference...

and i'd like more! ... without being forced to take 5 or 7 pictures

are those values hardcoded, or can you add new ones? :D

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev this is not a noobs thread, i know, but how to set 25p or 30p on the last G3 hack? Should I move the discussion elsewere?

• hi!

i just figured my G3 can't go over 60 seconds shutter opening by itself, or about 120 seconds with the bulb mode

anyway to take those limits away ?

• @luisnando

I really do not understand affection with 24p. Use 25p, or better yet, 30p. very small number of peopl;e who use this cameras have their footage shows in cinemas. And if you are shooting not for cinema, use 30p or 60p, as it is real standard for any web viewing.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev can the 24p problem on G3 be fixed via software? Or not having such sensor mode kills all possibilities of having 24p?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev , thank you again for your great job.. Could we imagine a way to lock iso from the manual photo mode to use it in video mode for the GF2 maybe?

• @magicboyguccino

Of course. Just use PTool.

• hi Vitaliy,

Is it possible to change the language of a Japan version of gx1 which has only japanese language? thanks!

• @v10tdi

It had been requested many times, and I spent quite a time understanding how it works.

Unfortunately we now do not know how some values are passed to lower level code, and we need to know this if we want to change this behaviour.

• Hi Vitaliy, is it possible to get 24p on the G3?

Nope, sensor do not have such mode. Encoder is very similar and have all required for 24p, but no such sensor mode.

• Hi Vitaliy, is it possible to get 24p on the G3?

• GH2: not sure if this has been requested, but would it be possible to alter the exposure "spread" in a bracketed photo? For example, I would like an exposure bracket option for 3 photos across 4EV (-2,0,+2).

• Thank you Vitaliy for all your job... I think you really understood the needed about manual iso mode for the GF2... As we can't enhance the light with ND filters.., we can't predict the moment during a scene the sensor of light of gf2 will decide to change the iso by himself.... Maybe it woold be easy to find the changing value of hight or low exposure that changes the exposure, lock it then control it or replace it by tactil touch ;) ?

• Ok thanks. I wasn't sure if it was a hardware restriction or Panasonic limiting features for different cameras.

• Would it be possible for the hack to allow the remote port on the gx1 to be use for microphone input too like with the gh2?

Of course not. It is impossible as it lacks hardware for this.

• Would it be possible for the hack to allow the remote port on the gx1 to be use for microphone input too like with the gh2? Thanks and keep up the awesome work.