Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GHx/Gx/GFx/GXx questions and suggestions
  • 65 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev , thank you again for your great job.. Could we imagine a way to lock iso from the manual photo mode to use it in video mode for the GF2 maybe?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev can the 24p problem on G3 be fixed via software? Or not having such sensor mode kills all possibilities of having 24p?

• @luisnando

I really do not understand affection with 24p. Use 25p, or better yet, 30p. very small number of peopl;e who use this cameras have their footage shows in cinemas. And if you are shooting not for cinema, use 30p or 60p, as it is real standard for any web viewing.

• hi!

i just figured my G3 can't go over 60 seconds shutter opening by itself, or about 120 seconds with the bulb mode

anyway to take those limits away ?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev this is not a noobs thread, i know, but how to set 25p or 30p on the last G3 hack? Should I move the discussion elsewere?

• oh, and one thing that annoys me a bit,

the auto-bracketing feature is nice BUT if you only want 3 steps, you have only 3 choices, up to 1EV difference...

and i'd like more! ... without being forced to take 5 or 7 pictures

are those values hardcoded, or can you add new ones? :D

• as nikichama said, being able to keep the shutter open longer then 60 seconds would be exactly what im looking for. Any chance that would be in a future ptool update?

• @vitaliy_keselev i wanna asking to you, can GF3 manual video setting like Panasonic GF1 firmware update that adds the GH1's manual video controls?!

• @MbhuyKo

I am working on this, but not made it yet.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev thank you very much for your hardwork, i will donate to you sir..

• Do you have any plans to support AE lock for video mode on the Gx/GFx cameras?

This is really the only feature I miss and should me much easier to implement than complete manual video settings.

And are there any plans on hacking the Panasonic G5?

• GH2's burst mode (40fps) with electronic (silent) shutter is limited to 4 megapixels. Is it possible to increase it to full resolution? Of course burst rate can be slower (3-5 fps can be enough). I want to take full resolution photos in the burst mode with the electronic shutter.

• Will there be any new hacks for GH2?

• Could you please suggest the best budget m43 body for casual stills?
    I'm thinking of selling my GH2 to fund the Lumix 12-35 for the BMPCC, and I'd like to be able to use that lens and my manual m43 glass also for some nice stills.
    I'm in no hurry, but I'd appreciate your insights. Thanks.