Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • @davidhjlindberg great job (bra jobbat)

• @andyvia68 I am sure there is better quality on your system but your work is butchered on YouTube. Try Vimeo, its a little better.

• @davidhjlindberg Holly Sweet Jesus! i Love your work Bro. and again that lens is super can't wait to see this

• @driftwood, just quick, your film? pm me, would like to ......

• Just finished a teaser before I release my film The Final Dance.

GH2, Orion v4b, Nostalgic -2+2+1-1, Samyang 35mm 1.4

• @artardi your video is private

• HY ANOTHER EX. GHE SEDNA Q20 AND LENS: TAMRON 60MM F 2.0 FOR CANON::::

• @konjow

fabulous idea,,, went ahead with sedna a on b pictoris...

14mm screenshot of african violet.

also, attached the set i used.

cheers!

vlcsnap-2012-03-21-13h25m01s41.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    sete.ini
  • @Konjow Remember, the audio settings have worked fine with every other patch tested so far. There should not be any reason why they would cause problems on other new ones, so go ahead and mix. :)

• There is many great patches here. Respect for driftwood and Vitaliy Sedna its probably best so fare except 720p errors rapport's. I wish to be able mix a patch with Pictoris bitrate, sedna matrix with sound improvement settings :) with special attention for 720/50p and HBR for pal users. For now till Ill be able work on it i will go for cluster 1 after research here. thanks

• Quick note on diffraction/optimum resolution/etc. (started a few pages back but I think @Onionbrain was addressing it).

• The highest resolution apertures vary from lens to lens. Often especially fast lenses encounter it at faster apertures than slower lenses
    • For my L series zoom lenses f/5.6 and f/8.0 have been optimal almost across the board with resolution slowly decreasing above 8.0. With the Nokton 25mm f/0.95, the optimal setting were f/2.8 and f/4.0 if I remember correctly. f/16 was really low detail.
    • The Panasonic 20mm pancake had optimum resolution at f/4.0 and f/5.6.

All the lenses started to have their resolution progressively suffer as you went narrower than the narrowest optimum exposure (f/8.0 for the slowest lens and f/4.0 for the fastest out of the ones mentioned). In all the cases I tested, f/11 was already less than optimum resolution.

In other words, if you are mainly using fast lenses, f/8.0 is likely too narrow for optimum resolution.

• @driftwood Shooting with Driftwood Cluster V1 , wonderful, no crashes, no writing errors, mainly HBR and 24P. Thanks so much Nick, fantastic work.

• Shoot all the day with Sedna Q20 A on 720 50p. Only very few time had write error because the card is to slow. I have SanDisk HD Video 30 Mbts. The colours looks already like graded (standard -2-2-2-2) maybe a little to much. Anyway thank you Driftwood! Wonder what you can now bring out with the next settings!!

• @Zaven13 Limit FB2 to 140.000 and multiply by 8 for FL. These numbers work for me.

• @liquidify. The 720p60 and 1080i60 settings that come with Orion v4b or Sedna settings looks very good. The problem is that they are having write errors on the cards I use (Sandisk Extreme HD 30mbs or Transcen 64GB SDXC class 10) once the bitrates exceed 60mb. Sanity with FSH/SH at 44mb along with long GOP provides good quality and works with majority of the class 10 cards.

• @mee, yep thanks for your help!

• @ fomalhaut3 the answer to your question lies here. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/90/sandisk-extreme-sdhc-cards#Item_233 In short UHS-I seems to be the problem. As for the return, it's a life time guarantee. They will try and claim it's your camera being not compatible with the card. They know it is a lemon, be relentless like me, and you can get a replacement. This really is all off topic though, so take it to the other thread please.

• another question are the patches using the UHS-I ?

• You can copy any of the matrices from my settings (this has been discussed many times in Quantum threads) to other settings. I havent got a problem with it.

I think Sedna 720p50 and HBR50 is pretty much ok. The problems of 720p60 and HBR60 need more addressing. For those who have tried lowering the frame limits slightly till they work reliably let me know what the quality is like. Maybe try 720p60 only on encoder setting 1 720 =2 (no B frames) or try some of the GOP Related weighting on P and B frames. I'll take another look for Canis Majoris.

• @mee @andyvia68 thanks for the info guys. yeah, i think i can't return it anymore, had it working great for 12 days so i thought that it was good en enough. maybe i'll keep this one for day use and short shoots(until 4.29gb and get an other sdcard shall i get the 95mb or 30mb? the price is kinda the same

• @fomalhaut3 the Sandisk 45 mb/s extreme cards are lemons. I had one and returned it for a 95 mb/s card which should be here sooooon. The return process was a PITA fyi.

• I was testing Sedna on my multicopter at 60p and it failed after a min or two. Lumix 14-42 lens, 64gb 95mb/s card. Now I know 60p is being worked on, but any suggestions as to what to change for a high detail, high motion 60p shot?

• @From_Paris Canon FD lens? why not the new Canon lens? what about the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 45 mm f/1.8? and the Samyang 35mm f/1.4

• @artardi source or screengrabs... we can't judge YouTube/Vimeo compression.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions