Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • @herbycamer "Make my day..." with your test ;-)

• Little test of QuantumV4 Orion-HBR mode-25P. At the end of the day. SS:50 - f-14/22(horizontal back light!!) on 14-140 - ISO 160-WB: Daylight corrected- Profile: Nature: -2,-2,-1,-2 - Handled ( little shaky sometimes) Some limitation over details in very sharpen details scenes, but sound very very good for me!!! Thanks PV Team. Thanks "Mr Driftwood-Eastwood" I Think if some little progress will be done in time on HBR mode, it could match 24P Cinema Mode or not so far from this... I think Pal user can already be grateful and use GH2 as a great cam!!

PASSWORD: driftwood

http://player.vimeo.com/video/37559095?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0

• Finally got a chance to do a quick test with sharpening turned up to +2 with my 24mm fd. It certainly seemed to help and I feel a bit foolish for not thinking of that myself, just used to always leaving it at -2. Regardless, when you do release some new matrixes I will have a lot of testing to do.

• @Greek_m43

DANG!!!!! That is sooooo pretty! VERY NICE!!! One of the best screen caps I've seen from video (non-RAW). Incredible stuff!!!!!

• @davidhjlindberg @all

*************** UPDATE *********************

Ive updated both Orion and Rocket to correctly weighted GOP Related B frame balance. See Page ONE.

Please try and report back.

INFO: GOP tables are generally ok for 24p and 1080i if you use the stock GOPs, if not, you can change them but I think VKs code correctly does it automatically. However, if its 720 with B frames its all wrong. Let me give you an example; 12 GOP PAL 720 (changed from 24 default which is set for just p frames), fixed it should look like below (this is tested and Im using this in the latest updated Quantum variations Rocket v3b RC and Orion v4b) ;-

12 GOP count should be 1 i frame, 3 P frames and 8 B frames;-

72050opt1 = 1, 1, 4, 0, 2, 4

72050opt2 = 1, 3, 8, 0, 0, 0

Result. Clean b frames in proportion. elecard Stream analyser also now shows the 720p B frame tables.

Here's the updated Quantums which can also be found on Page One of this thread.

MINOR UPDATE - Driftwood Quantum X (v3B Rocket RC) (V4B Orion) Updated - 0016am 28022012 - setb setg.zip
  • @Driftwood

You're right - operator (?) error - Streamparser looked fine, and played video. Somehow files got tagged as unix executibles, and had number appended to filename from copying to directory with prior MTS files..... Guess I'm still afraid camera will explode with all this data! No problem.

• @driftwood Doesn't really matter. Even though I'm recording against a white wall it freezes.

• @jam Shouldnt stop the ability to record. Sounds like a different problem than Quantum settings. The need to remove battery after a failure is standard procedure on failed recordings.

It sounds like a problem elsewhere. Also DOUBLE CHECK you have the correct ptools, firmware etc... See Page One of this thread (Q&A section) top of page. Report back. Thanks.

• Suddenly new MTS files can't be opened in Premiere Pro 5.5. All manual settings, IS off, smooth -2, freshly formatted card etc. Seems to work well, but can't record with either v3 Rocket RC or v4 Orion. This seemed to follow stoppage yesterday recording with v4 Orion followed by need to remove battery. Also reset camera - will try again. I'll boot into Windows and post Streamparser grab. Any thoughts appreciated....

• @davidhjlindberg What sort of subject matter are you filming with 720p? @Greek_m43 Good work. Be nice to see the final commercial.

• @Greek_m43 VERY nice - I like the lighting on the hair as well.

• Hey guys, I shot a commercial this weekend with Orion. Looks awesome. The full commercial will be up in a few weeks. I attached a shot converted in 5DtoRGB and a slightly corrected shot.

Quantam Orion_Fire.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Quantam Orion_Fire_slight CC.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • @cubrun interesting figure on the stoppages always EXACTLY at the same duration time? Also, could you tell me is it always a static shot of THE SAME subject matter?

• No errors, just stop recording??

• Hi there! I'm new here and all tnx for the hard work to Vitaliy Kiselev and @Driftwood. I just tested Quantum X "SpanMyBitchUp vb2" on my GH2, SanDisk extreme 32Gb, 30Mb/sec and there is a small bug on this patch. When I shooting in HBR mode, after 7min and 21 second camera stop to recording and also in 720p/50 but after 21 min, always at the same time. I tried on a few SanDisk cards, same problem. Any sugesttions. Thanks and greetings from Croatia!

• @driftwood Immediately after hitting the record button this message comes up: Motion recording was cancelled due to the limitation of the writing speed of the card.

The screen freezes and I must take out the batteries. No matter if I choose NTSC or PAL. This is SH, H works fine.

But also, the screen turns black every now and then, even in 1080 24p...

• @AmandaNL This makes me miss The Netherlands, but also reminds me how gray it can get in the winter!

• @davidhjlindberg freezing at 720p ? How long in? High detail?

• Thank you for everything @driftwood! Orion is great but the freezing at 720p is a downside, is there an easy way to make 720p work? (I'm using 64mb 95mb/s)

• Thanks! (Dank je)

• .Ziet er top uit.
    Real nice done amanda, smooth panning...

• @Adde Horses for courses, save on cardspace with Rocket, or get continual quality without having to worry on Orion! So, its upto you guys to decide.

• So... All in all, what of these new Driftwood patches is the best one? Is the CBR version going to give you the best quality, or is the variable bitrate going to give you better quality and save quite some cardspace since it adapts to the situation?

What I'm saying is, is the constant bitrate worth the cardspace?

• Nice work @AmandaNL nice compositional shots. Love the timebuster stuff too :-) Thanks @Stray - I wanna see those tests! :-)

• @driftwood haha, yes, that shows how over tired and dumb I am at the moment, it never occured to me to try and change the sharpening in the picture profile. Just tried a couple of shots with different profile settings, all look pretty good. I wasn't expecting to notice much difference tbh, but it does seem to improve things quite a fair bit. Will do more proper test shots tomorrow morning, once I've slept and the brain works again, but all looks good so far.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions