Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Convince me not to buy a AF100
  • 54 Replies sorted by
  • Dunno really... I just don't like the image. It's seems like it's an older generation of sensor than the GH2. DR seems lower, as well as poorer color rendition (despite all the options). Just because a camera has 100+ gamma and color matrix dials doesn't mean that the sensor is going to be any better at rendering color. The motion of the image doesn't look right to me either. This has been discussed before though, some people see the difference between Inter-frame recording and Intra, some don't. Could also just be the way the AF-100 processes the frames... who knows. All I know is that the GH2, with an all-I or low-GOP, patch produces similar motion to dedicated digital-cinema camera like Red or Alexa. AF-100 doesn't.

That's all I can really think off. It's up to you though... it's your cash. ;)

• lol yeah I guess there will always be a better camera. But Im not aiming to have any of my stuff on the big screen so a scarlet would be bit of over kill.

• I'd start saving up for a Scarlet.