Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Converter avchd to image sequence
  • Hello, i have spend a couple of days looking for a freeware or opensource software that can convert avchd to image sequence,

tiff, targa or png

does anyones knows a software that can make this??

i´m looking for a software like the one mentioned because i want to use cinepaint on ubuntu, and also to avoid the red banding on the adobe suit

please HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP ME!
    :)
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • http://rarevision.com/5dtorgb/ does DPX... I believe that Cinepaint will also read DPX:

Cinepaint website:
    High fidelity image file types such as DPX, OpenEXR and 16-bit TIFF. These files can’t be opened in ordinary 8-bit image applications without crushing them

However 5DTORGB is currently Mac only. YMMV.
  • thank you @alcomposer for answering but i need the software either for linux or for windows, i cant access any mac, and the 5DtoRGB windows version doesnt work properly with avchd, and seems like it doesnt hav dpx

any other alternative??
    because i dont want to end up converting the files on the adobe suit because i will end up having the red banding issue
  • Maybe MPEG Streamclip can work- http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html

I'm able to export a TIFF image sequence with MPEG Streamclip, although I do have the Mac version and various QuickTime components, so can't say for sure if the Windows version will work for you. But give it a try nonetheless.
  • Google is your friend.

FFmpeg will do the job: ffmpeg -i foo.mts foo%d.png
  • thank you for your answers but i was in a hurry and end up asking a friend to render me the vids on vegas, i´ll try the suggested programs for the future anyway, so, thanks!
  • If someone use sony vegas pro.
    Here is a script that Render a Image Sequence.
    after download unrar to your sony vegas pro script folder.

Render Image Sequence.zip