Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Personal View Feature Film Collaborative project
  • 536 Replies sorted by
  • I was recently involved with a multi-director project with storylines that had to connect - we used this tool. Here is an example of How it can be used to track multiple productions happening at the same time. It might not be the complete solution but it might be used in addition to a wiki. As you can see in the example Media can be embedded right in each node. And gives a great visual representation of who is involved, where they are and what skills they have to offer.

http://www.mindmeister.com/64788573

• @Imaginate It says access denied at this point for me. :)
  • Okay, I've copied and pasted the first entry to the wiki.

http://moviecollab.wikispot.org/Look_Here_First
  • Why not use the global nature of this site to tell a real global story in our own individual way. That is our heroes could use the internet to track down a fictional group of banksters that have screwed us out of billions and are now sitting back and laughing at us. They really think the world is their oyster, as such, and are in for a rude awakening as we discover who they are and where. Soon they'll try to hide from the camera's of those who set out to shame them. There will be no more TV shows like "The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". Now it's become, "Behold the Bastards of the World!"

Segments could be comedy, mystery, thriller or action adventure as the local producers of the global webcast see fit. But obviously the banksters would not be too happy with such an enterprise and so hire some goons to track down our intrepid reporters before they're exposed hiding amongst us or in far away lands around the world…in the pretty places with wonderful views, "enjoying the good life". But they soon realize that there's a cameraman everywhere there's a cellphone…and not everyone is satisfied with taking pretty pictures of friends or making cute little videos cut to music.

When they try to close down his website our local hero goes underground and branches out instead, hooking up with others doing shows on local global issues that are perpetuated by an economic system that is not evolving with us, and our twenty-first century worldviews, but consolidating into a corporate New World Order.

But to keep such a website up and running it has to be non-threatening and non-violent. Indeed it has to promote the better or the worse will win. As well as catching a bad cop in the act a little camera can photograph beauty; it can destroy a reputation or create the art of a new era…and cute little videos cut to music.

Let playfulness be the key.

• Thanks @Lolo! That's way more effective than the organization I was starting to try to cobble together. :)
  • btw i really dislike the idea of making this about bankers, debts, occupation and all that economic stuff...

as it is not a human subject, it ain´t dramatic per se
    as i feel in no way related to that
    as i get bored with the subject
  • as everything was moved to the wiki, i´m updating the first post with links to it
  • @lolo I added links to all those pages at the start of the body of the front page. So to get to all of them, you just have to go to http://moviecollab.wikispot.org/ now.
  • super :), @thepalalias please if you could format the info in a better way i would really appreciate it, i have to leave the computer now, that´s why i ask you, :), cheers!

and we should speak about what is the posible premiere night, to match all the deadlines accordingly
  • @Lolo We are in sync. I was just getting on that. :)

Everyone, please visit http://wikispot.org/User_Settings?new_user=1&from_wiki=moviecollab to create a profile so that your edits go to your name instead of your IP address. Thank you!
    - Per
  • I'll be trying to modify the pages with instructions to make this a lot easier for everyone, but feel free to jump in already if you have the hang of it. :)
  • Everyone: feel free to start weighing on the deadlines.

Just go to "http://wikispot.org/User_Settings?new_user=1&from_wiki=moviecollab" to create a profile.

After you log in visit http://moviecollab.wikispot.org/Deadlines and click the "Edit" button on the left side at the top or bottom of the page.

Pick any deadline you have a suggestion for and write it after "Suggestions:" and hit the "Save Changes" button.

This information is all repeated on the deadlines page.
  • Seems like you have been working hard! :)
    Quick question, should we keep discussion in here or is there an intent to use the wiki as a place for discussion also?
  • @RRRR i think we should use both :) as i´m not sure if everyone will visit the wiki all the time, and also to keep track of discussion more easy than in the wiki

• i suggested august 1th to end this proyect any feelings?
  • @lolo No strong feelings one way or the other. I'm happy to go with it if the majority agrees. :)

Quick formatting question. When we list the "people that support" an idea, should we only list the people other than the person that suggested it originally? So far we have a mixture of sometimes including the person suggesting it and sometimes not.

After doing both ways, it seems like it might make the documents more tidy to only include the additional people supporting the idea. What do you think?
  • Leaving for Thanksgiving part 2 now, so I'll read any responses here or on the Wiki when I get back tonight or tomorrow.
  • Only concern with august 1 for me, is that there might be too little time for post if a majority of the shots are done during the summer (in the northern hemisphere).. It could be irrelevant, though - but a concern none the less. Maybe a couple of months back if it seems like the script requires all the summer months?

Re: formatting; I agree with your conclusion.
  • about the format, i agree, but only for those non-intelectual/artistic ideas

about the august 1, i think is tidy, but possible, specially if the teams pre edit their part, and we agree on unifiers for the segments
  • Even though a voice-over only movie could work, I still think that we should use on screen dialogue whenever possible. As some of you have suggested, not every team have access to decent mics and recording systems. But maybe some of the teams will be able to record a decent and consistent dialogue track. So, some of the segments can be voice-over driven while others have on screen dialogue depending on the resources of each team. We just have to know exactly what every team can and cannot do before the writing stage begins and write the script around those limitations. And this goes for everthing not just audio. In any case, in my experience, lack of resources can be a huge motivational engine.
  • @ lolo

Hmmm

"btw i really dislike the idea of making this about bankers, debts, occupation and all that economic stuff...
    as it is NOT A HUMAN SUBJECT, it ain´t dramatic per se
    as I FEEL IN NO WAY RELATED TO THAT
    AS I GET BORED WITH THE SUBJECT"

Hmmm. And what planet are you from? "I shall simply get their little minds busy with busy busy before they can learn how to think for themselves, heheh." And if anyone heard they laughed out loud, lolo.

Is that your plan lolo of lalal land? To subvert the potential of these great people with the most powerful little camera ever created in the entire history of mankind?! Think of the possibilities, man! Consider what you're giving up before you take to the dark side. Don't do it. For we are a kind and gentle people who know how to roar when such a roar is required. Or a burp

Or hiccup. Point being it's "dramatic' to be in your face response mode, but not terribly diplomatic or capable of actually helping to solve the problem(s). It's usually 'counter-intuitive' as they say.

We, however, are on the edge of a new "way of seeing", and this will not be stopped by the old. Most certainly we stand upon the shoulders of all those who came before. And we do so with respect!, for what they knew in their days and with all the old attitudes of those past…and how they brought us here.

But these are our days now

• We need a concept which allows for global interpretation. The best genre for this is obviously sci fi. Anything about a zombie crisis or something related to that, has just been beaten to death so much it wouldn't even be fun to do. A pretty neat idea which hasn't been totally massacred by hollywood... yet, is that of consciousness and interacting in new ways with it.

Back Story / Setting: Very near future. A recent discovery into consciousness has led to the most significant experiment in neuroscience. After it was revealed that comatose patients are very much cognitive but unable to interact with the world around them (a play on this recent article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111109193646.htm), a first of its kind neuroscience experiment is attempted in which a "cognitive bridge" between the consciousness of a comatose patient to a volunteer host body is realized. The experiment was intended to allow a previously "trapped" consciousness to interact and be an observer within an interactive host / body and nothing more. The experiment goes horribly awry. Upon successful link, the patient is the one cognitive and in control of the body, not the original host. What's more is that, the patients body has deceased upon linking into the volunteer host body, and without access to prior memory and experience, "patient zero" has no frame of reference... for anything. He / She doesn't even know what it is that they "are". A chain of events is set into motion where his/her consciousness starts to link into other conscious hosts at unexpected intervals. Each time leaving the host body deceased / severed from their prior occupying consciousness. The story continues in this fashion where "patient zero" is an almost permanent state of global amnesia taking over host bodies around the world unable to piece together what is happening. An emergency global task force is put into motion to not just catch patient zero, but to kill on sight.

Try not to blow it out of proportion, this story could easily be told by 2-3 actors from each team tops. Where one or two actors are part of the task force tracking down "patient zero" as he struggles in his journey through consciousness. Each team could essentially have the freedom to decide what patient zeros' trial will be in his / her host body at that location. The potential for adding comedic / dramatic / thrilling moments is pretty much endless working within this kind of framework. When someone has amnesia and discovering everything for the first time running for their life... it's not hard to get something pretty entertaining.. This honestly does not have to have a budget at all. The "back story" could be recounted or discovered purely through non-linear story telling. For example, story already starts out with patient zero in a host body with amnesia, going through several "jumps / links" into different consciousnesses; nothing is explained until patient zero comes into contact with a member of the task force who explains the whole ordeal and then at just that moment he travels to another body forgetting everything again. The story could be told many different ways, but the core ideas are pretty interesting and could keep an audience engaged I think.

Think of this as a sci fi pretext for the classic "cat and mouse" trope.
  • @davhar
    if you want to keep chating about this, PM, and keep this thread clean, PM, and do not force your subjective opinion into someone else, it is valid if you want to do this proyect about that subject, but, that ain´t my will, i was just pointing that out.

lalaland is a third world country with far more issues, probably the poorer of the rich countries are the middle class of my country, my country just enters the OECD, but we are at the number 139 of 150 countries in the UN equality income chart, being the biggest numbers the more inequals...
    The debt subject is a first world issue created by heartless persons, to me is boring to try to make a movie with the main subject being $, as the $ lacks any heart, and i do not relate to $ in a human way, or in a way that i care about to be a goal of my life.

furthermore, i do not think a movie can make any difference in any person, or society, it can light up or dark down something that the person already is, that a person already has, but it cannot make any real difference, as all the occupation movement cannot make any "real" diference, by real a mean real change to the system without a bloodbath, please reed this topic http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/22250#Comment_22250
    if you want to know more about why i´m not trying to be disrespectful in any way to those that occupy the streets in the rich countries by saying that they will not make any diference.

but to me it is boring to make an effort, and expend my time, therefore my life into something that has no heart.

*edit: and one more thing, from the way you write i´m guessing you are from USA (speacially for the redneck comment), (please read the following lines as an external observer appreciation and not a moral judgement), USA culture is mainly self-centered (just a quick point, do the exercise and review this thread, reading to the community members from USA to how they refer to where they live, they refer to theirs location by local states, or even further to local names, like CA or whatever.., not by the name of the federal country, that is the name that someone from the outside is more familiar about, and the web, and the thread, and this forum is global), and USA is the biggest economy of the planet, so i can understand, your frustration... to be the first in something, that something must be a real priority on that someone that is the first, but that doesn mean, that it has to be that way for the others that are not that someone...