Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Werner Herzog MasterClass....some questions.
  • 28 Replies sorted by
  • there's only one way to know for sure

• While great I think there is a difference between an hour or so interview which is directed largely by the person interviewing and a 6 hour planned and prepared series of lessons from Herzog.

I agree on that. BUT online "classes" can also be a two-edged sword.
    I'll develop; some months ago after seeing an article in petapixel (though I doubt that any of petapixel's half digested conglomerate of words can be called so) on a free course about photography: Seeing Through Photographs, I decided to try it myself.
    It was a 5 week course but I only lasted 2, why? The content of the course was a mix bag, despite I read it all, you had to go through a dense amount of pure academic sticky clever-sounding outdated bullshit and self promoting material (curated by MoMA ) to get to the core of it, and there were some good readings and interesting examples, of photographers, of movements/ideas, techniques and contexts.
    But nevertheless, also in life seems one hardly ever has access to what's truly fundamental, the worst part was the whole non-physicality of it. And I don't just mean that I felt like I needed a pair of eyes to focus, a face to respond to... it is was the emptiness of not being able to really share the experience. You could see that reflected in the whole I liked it level of the comments from people taking the course.

I imagine that someone like Herzog would have developed a much more interesting approach and content... but like @kurth the son of kurth son of the almighty godzikurth just said, there's only one way to know

@jleo don't put anything with god, I mean Tarkowsky, 'cause you gonna make me watch & toch :P

• After a friend sold me on the David Lynch talk, I bought the year pass during black Friday. The whole shebang was 170 pounds (London based) and it included an additional pass to gift. I am keener on recouping some of the money so I was wondering if anyone is interested in a one year all access pass for 85 pounds (or the dollar or euro equivalent).