Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • Yes, i know ;)
    but i would know if these two Samples are normal in quality with Quantum 2? i'm worry about i have a damaged gh2.... i have a 5dm2 too and i can't judge the differenz Which the hacked gh2 must be a Lot better...
    sry for my Pope english ;)
  • @jweeke I used the Mac OS X disk utility. But it worked only for a non moving low detailed nightshot, today in daylight it didn't span again.
  • @cinemon
    you probably have a damaged gh2 - sure
  • @Butt
    was this sarkasm or could you Tell me whats wrong with my Videos?

im very unhappy with the results of Quantum v2 :(
  • @cinemon Can you upload/make available one of the original .mts files in question?
  • @cinemon Iso, Mode, Shutter, Lens, project setting, export setting?
    Problems before patch?
  • @cinemon, I see no problems with that footage that I would attribute to the camera or the patch settings. They are both doing exactly what they should be. Both shots are a bit underexposed for my tastes, but maybe that's what you were going for, which is fine if it is. The second shot is not in HD, so I can't tell much. The second shot is a little bit shaky. It would benefit from some stabilization. Also, it looks like the exposure was adjusted at several points during shooting.
  • @cinemon There are so many factors that coud be going wrong it would take ages to sort out. Get used to the camera, try out a few other patches and see how you get on (maybe see what works for you). Don't use these Quantum BETA patches until its released. Theyre out for testing. I don't think youve got a bad batch camera.
    Can you try out AQuamotion v2 and report results? Thanks.
  • LOL! You're bound to get at least one in every forum.

• Here's a short video I made of my trip to the Devil's Punchbowl using Driftwood's SeAQuake patch and Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95. Looking forward to upgrading to the Quantum v6 really soon. Thank you again for your research/testing driftwood!

• *** NEW *** Quantum v7 (this is v6 updated - don't bother wiith v6) Tuned buffers 70% of bitrate all round. Plus, 1080pL setting is slightly down on bitrate/buffer ratio - test for spanning please. 720p now on AQ2 for balance. Everything else virtualy the same. This patch looks great in real world preliminary tests. Use the L setting for 80% mode. Tested on Voigtander 0.95 manual lens.

Driftwood Quantum v7 BETA - seti (7th Jan 2012).zip
    849B
  • @driftwood, I just loaded Q v7, will test tonight on shoot at 720p50. Is this AQ1 or AQ2 for 720p50? I note AQ1 on v6 has become AQ2 on this new v7 for 720p60 users. Curious if different for 720p50 users?

I note my 32GB San Disk HD Video 30MB/s card has gone from around 41minutes on v6 to 52 minutes record time with v7, so something has changed. All good, will report in due course with a sample. tia

• @disastronaut @balazer @jard667 @driftwood

i have uploading a raw video file...i have to transcode to mpeg 2 with a bitrate of 80000. but it looks the same like the mts file before with 146000 bitrate.

my settings in camera are : 24 cinema mode, 1080P24 H, m exposure, iso 160, shutter between 50-125, f-stop 1.7. The Lens for this video was the pana 20mm 1.7 pancake. i'm filmed in smooth mode -2-2-2-2. Quantum v2 patched.

I think it's looked not that crisp and much like video from a camcorder.

thx for all of your help. i'm really thankful for that ;)

https://rapidshare.com/files/2618889316/test.m2v

• thanks for Q7 Driftwoord, will give it a try, it looks like a good balance all round

I added the 30min limit removal=Checked & Maximum ISO limit removal=Checked to the seti.ini file before flashing mine

• @driftwood

I'll play with Quantum 7 today.

Initially I can report that 24L spanned ONCE on a Sandisk Extreme class 10 "HD Video" 30 MBs card (32 gig size). Two files were recorded, both 3.99 gigs, and in Premiere Pro CS 5.5 the files flawlessly imported in as one 10 minute and 59.09 seconds clip. After that second clip was recorded the camera stopped and beeped.

Without pixel peeping and at only one glance, images look very nice.

24H recorded up to the 3.99 gig limit.

As I'm sure you know very well, general broadcast/distributor requirements are 50 Mbps for LongGOP and 100 Mbps for intraframe. Keeping the minimum ("L") as close as possible to that 100 Mbps gives us recording times along with the knowledge that we're keeping pro standards. This is important for both pros and aspiring pros.

Windows 7 reported the 24H "total bitrate" at 146,060kpbs, and the 24L "total bitrate" 96067kbps. Both test clips were filled with detail, and mixed with moderate and heavy camera motions.

I'll say it many more times -- thank you.

• @cinemon

Only original mts files can be judged. it's re-compressed to another format. Also, the hack will not make it look more "video". INo one knows what this means since you have not put it in real terms such as motion, resolution, etc.. If you believe it does, remove the hack. Else, return the camera.

• @ Silent 1M Max Frame Size Lovers :-)

I improved a little AQ2 former patch. With this "megaMAQ2" 1M Max Frame Size patch, macroblocks has been improved more slightly than an old patch. If a SanDisk 95MB/s 64MB SDXC card is used, span is possible as well as an old one.

NOTE: In this patch, it is ignored except 24p(24H) as usual. Please combine with your favorite patch except 1080p.

bkmcwd megaMAQ2.zip
    696B
    megaMAQ2_sp.JPG
    1298 x 633 - 197K
    megaMAQ2_trees_wide_1445_sp.JPG
    1297 x 635 - 186K
  • @driftwood

Second test, same card specified above. The first 24L clip did not span -- camera stopped at exactly 3.99 gigs. Second try the exact same results in the above post were replicated -- spanned once, two 3.99 gig files, after which the camera stopped. The second try again imported flawlessly into Premiere Pro CS 5.5 as one ten minute and fifty-nine second clip.

Motion on these second test clips was extremely limited -- clouds at sunrise.

I'm leaving for the day and will report back tomorrow with any other relevant experiences.

Again, thank you.

• Thanks Nick! Recorded @ HD-L 1080p - 24p on a Transcend 16GB class 10 without any failure. 800 iso - 50th. Will flash V7 tomorrow - just saw it!

• @ishvar: COOL! As a sidenote can you please tell me ISO and shutter speed? BTW, really nice with B&W for this.

• quantum 7

my usual little stability test: sandisk 30mb/s 14-140 with zoom, af and pan. iso was high, 1600. dark today. shutter 50 or 60

24p: both high and low did not span but otherwise fine.

720p sh and h: card write error at 4sec. on sh.h same, took longer to err.

I also did 720 on sh and h with mf and a really slow zoom in and it errs during the zoom. I ran the 720p through streamparser- there is nothing unusual. Nothing worth noting in the footage itself.

1080i: high setting card write in 12 seconds with af and zoom.

• Hey there,

I'll be traveling in a few weeks and will be looking to load one of driftwoods great patches. I'll be using sandisk 30mb/s and was wondering the best patch to not worry about spanning? From what I gathered, AQuamotion 2 seems to be the consensus for best quality and most span friendly?

Thanks

• @ishvar

Nice looking material. Some strange "frame blending"-like ghosting visible though. Have slowed down some clips maybe?

• @blackspot - this seems to be always the case when i render 24p in Vegas with moving shots. When i do 720p it's not there! 25p seems also better - I don't know what i am doing wrong. If anybody knows a solution pls. comment! I import as 24p 1920x1080 and export as 24p 1920x1080 Mpeg 4 AVC @ 20.0000 in Vegas10 @kanintesova: 800 iso @ 50th of a second

• Please, note that topic will be closed (as usual) and new series will be started soon.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions