Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GX1: Official topic
  • 129 Replies sorted by
  • About good noise reproduction from GF1, I meant GF1's noise control on photos not videos.

About the title of this thread, GX1 being rebadged GF1 with a better sensor, faster AF, and more powerful processor… sure it could be the best m43 "photo" camera until GH3. Then GX2 then GH4...
  • i saw that the 20mm will come in x lens by rumors can someone confirm is unclear...

TRADUCTED WORDS:
    Chamber: 20mm (LUMIX G 20mm F1.7 ASPH.), Such as single-focus lens and has so far out in the LUMIX G-Series will also come in a single focus X. Leica is also a special brand further. We believe in doing it ad hoc Ikere three pronged lines

source : www.43rumors.com/panasonic-interview-with-dc-watch/ ???
  • GX1 will be selling like hotcakes if it has built-in ND filters. Otherwise I don't see any compelling reason to upgrade from GF13. Also no AVCHD 2.0 of course. Oh GF1 doesn't support new X lenses fully.

• Heres a thing that has pissed off the Panafans is that this is still a young system yet were already starting to slowly get incompatible lenses for 2 year old cameras.
    Its not a good move by panny...I can see they want to sell more bodies but wheres the investment and are we going to keep buying new body new lens everytime?

I would not be suprised at all if the older lenses 20mm f1.7 included will be incompatible with newer m43 cameras in a few years.

Man im cynical! haha
  • It's ok. At least Panasonic is making worthy lenses :)

I'm getting 14-42 X in a few days. 14-45 going to ebay. The upgrade cost is less than $100, I hope. Gotta love Panasonic!!!
  • it look like 43rumors are not really sure if is g3 sensor and i constated that the sensor have more a purple color maybe a sign of new sensor ??? hope it beat af100 in low light :D
  • HOTT GX1 TEST FOOTAGE !!!:
    :D

By VLC multimedia player is say 25fps
  • But does it have 24p? I've read a lot of posts(but not all so maybe I missed it), and none of them say 24p. Any marketing department or reviewer worth their salt would have said by now if it had 24p. So...that leads me to believe there is no 24p or they would have said so by now. I probably wouldn't buy it anyway over a hacked GH2, but no 24p definitely means no buy.
  • Looking at the specs at http://www.dpreview.com/previews/panasonicdmcgx1/page2.asp there seems to be nothing exciting in the video features. Same old 1080 50/60i from 25/30p sensor output at 17mbps for Pal/Ntsc regions.

A small form factor take anywhere camera with 24p would be great but I think for video this camera is rather a waste. With prices dropping I'd rather get a second gh2.
  • 25p Full HD, but inferior codec (edit -standard h264 in mpeg-4 container ??), not a waste of time if hacked and bitrate increased
  • Sample image from official site in iso 400:
    http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/gallery/img/sample/gx1/P1000830.JPG

Let's wait to see how iso 1200 is ...
  • @thecrane

MP4 is not a codec, it is container. ALl compression is absolutely the same.
  • to much little apperture on flowers but it seems iso 800 is acceptable i will not make more then that...

hope videos will be avalaible tomorrow or soon for see how that machine works...
  • @thecrane

Let's hope it makes resonables video then let's see if vitaliy judge it hackable .. but is to soon for talk about it :D
  • @thecrane

Thanks for sharing i don't know if they did test with Gh2 have to compare it RAW by RAW croped 100%
  • The camera looks very similar to my old LX3...
  • Not too hot above iso 800...interlaced video format...no manual controls in video?

Why Panny..just why? Take a damn step out of the door and actually LOOK at your competition!
    Indeed another wasted opportunity....I was still hoping!

And no offense to all but we cant rely on a hack to make a camera better all the time...it should be a killer product to begin with.

That Dpreview video was funny...haha..."Those who love the GF1 are going to be VERY excited"...they perhaps should look on 43 rumours and other m43 sites...not a great deal of excitement going on.
    Also "people complained they wanted dials...so we gave them one! tee hee" Brilliant stuff.

I look at this and it seems that they really want to/need to shift the 14-42x lens.
  • If we carefully look at GF2, GF3, G3 and now GX1 and notice what Panasonic has most advanced internal architecture, I can make simple conclusion - it must be some mole working inside :-)
    We already saw one in Olympus, made it up to the top :-)
  • I did not find an explicit mention on video manual controls...
    From full specs table:

http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/gx1/specifications.html

Exposure Mode: Program AE / Aperture Priority AE / Shutter Priority AE / Manual / Auto

MP4

NTSC
    [Full HD] 1,920 x 1,080, 30fps (sensor output is 30p) (Approx. 20Mbps)
    [HD] 1,280 x 720, 30fps (sensor output is 30p) (Approx. 10Mbps)
    [VGA] 640 x 480, 30fps (sensor output is 30p) (Approx. 4Mbps)

PAL
    [Full HD] 1,920 x 1,080, 25fps (sensor output is 25p) (Approx. 20Mbps)
    [HD] 1,280 x 720, 25fps (sensor output is 25p) (Approx. 10Mbps)
    [VGA] 640 x 480, 25fps (sensor output is 25p) (Approx. 4Mbps)

AVCHD

NTSC
    [Full HD] 1,920 x 1,080, 60i (sensor output is 30p) (FSH: 17 Mbps, FH: 13Mbps)
    [HD] 1,280 x 720, 60p (sensor output is 30p) (SH: 17 Mbps, H: 13Mbps)

PAL
    [Full HD] 1,920 x 1,080, 50i (sensor output is 25p) (FSH: 17 Mbps, FH: 13Mbps)
    [HD] 1,280 x 720, 50p (sensor output is 25p) (SH: 17 Mbps, H: 13Mbps)
  • Continuous Recordable Time (Motion Image)*
    AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]:

Approx. 130 min with H-FS014042
    Approx. 140 min with H-PS14042
    Approx. 150 min with H-H014

(No mention of MP4 recording time? exFAT anyone?)