Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SF short: I wish my life
  • Hi guys, a few months ago I posted the trailer of my shortmovie.

Wel, here is the link tot the complete shortmovie:

pasw: sara

Please tell me what you think.

Tech specs: Filmed with sony F3(with slog update). Compact prime lenses (18mm, 50mm and 85mm). I used a mini ki pro and recorded in proress 422 hq. Some shots are filmed with the panasonic GH3 (lumix 12-35mm lens)

Edited in FCPX, visuals with AE and cinema3D

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Thank you so much Tetakpatak. I reuploaded a new version of the movie. (some changes in the edit, sound and vfx)

Please let me know what you think

• Cool production @conscius, congratulations!

• @Jspatz :Filmed with sony F3(with slog update). Compact prime lenses (18mm, 50mm and 85mm). I used a mini ki pro and recorded in proress 10 bit 422 hq. Some shots are filmed with the panasonic GH3 (lumix 12-35mm lens). lightning: 1 arri 1.8KW hmi, 1 led panel, 3 led spots (100 watt each) and some other spots.

Edited in FCPX, visuals with AE and cinema3D. I did the grading in FCPX.

@LPowell: thank you!. Yes, it would be very interesting to make a movie of it without the SF element. But I don't know if I would be the the guy for that type of film. But i have to say that I do want to make something really realistic as next project. Something real, real emotions, a real situation. Till now I always run away from this world into another fiction world for my movies. But maybe next time it will be different

• Honestly, this was compelling up until it took a science fiction turn. I know several women in their 40's in this type of situation, living with an older man in a non-romantic relationship. It would have been meaningful to me to see this short movie resolved in a more realistic, albeit futuristic, manner.

On a technical level, it looks virtually flawless. The bright, desaturated color palette and minimalist scenery create a mesmerizing environment where the special effects blend seamlessly into the cinematography. Simultaneously cold and sensuous, perfectly evoking the protagonist's inner experience.

• Cameras, lenses, editing, grading, etc

• Hi Jspatz , thank you! Of course, What do you want to know?

• First rate on so many levels. Can you share technical an production details.

• Sorry for the bump.

But can somebody please tell me what he/she thinks of my shortmovie? For me are opinions really really importend!

Thanks you!