Personal View site logo
SF short: I wish my life
  • Hi guys, a few months ago I posted the trailer of my shortmovie.

Wel, here is the link tot the complete shortmovie:

pasw: sara

Please tell me what you think.

Tech specs: Filmed with sony F3(with slog update). Compact prime lenses (18mm, 50mm and 85mm). I used a mini ki pro and recorded in proress 422 hq. Some shots are filmed with the panasonic GH3 (lumix 12-35mm lens)

Edited in FCPX, visuals with AE and cinema3D

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Sorry for the bump.

But can somebody please tell me what he/she thinks of my shortmovie? For me are opinions really really importend!

Thanks you!

• First rate on so many levels. Can you share technical an production details.

• Hi Jspatz , thank you! Of course, What do you want to know?

• Cameras, lenses, editing, grading, etc

• Honestly, this was compelling up until it took a science fiction turn. I know several women in their 40's in this type of situation, living with an older man in a non-romantic relationship. It would have been meaningful to me to see this short movie resolved in a more realistic, albeit futuristic, manner.

On a technical level, it looks virtually flawless. The bright, desaturated color palette and minimalist scenery create a mesmerizing environment where the special effects blend seamlessly into the cinematography. Simultaneously cold and sensuous, perfectly evoking the protagonist's inner experience.

• @Jspatz :Filmed with sony F3(with slog update). Compact prime lenses (18mm, 50mm and 85mm). I used a mini ki pro and recorded in proress 10 bit 422 hq. Some shots are filmed with the panasonic GH3 (lumix 12-35mm lens). lightning: 1 arri 1.8KW hmi, 1 led panel, 3 led spots (100 watt each) and some other spots.

Edited in FCPX, visuals with AE and cinema3D. I did the grading in FCPX.

@LPowell: thank you!. Yes, it would be very interesting to make a movie of it without the SF element. But I don't know if I would be the the guy for that type of film. But i have to say that I do want to make something really realistic as next project. Something real, real emotions, a real situation. Till now I always run away from this world into another fiction world for my movies. But maybe next time it will be different

• Cool production @conscius, congratulations!

• Thank you so much Tetakpatak. I reuploaded a new version of the movie. (some changes in the edit, sound and vfx)

Please let me know what you think