Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Portable gimbals for GH4 / A7s cameras
  • 55 Replies sorted by
  • Youtube reviews of it seem overall positive. A couple that I watched seemed to allude to vibration issues with lighter cameras - not super uncommon in my experience and correctable with the software that VK linked above.

• Thanks to @eatstoomuchjam and @Vitaliy_Kiselev for the responses. I have ordered it at this "steal" price. It's out-of-stock but should be shipping in a week or so.

• After fiddling around with the old H1 in it's time and never really getting there, I'm so happy with my Zhiyun Crane. I rather go filming than fine-tuning parameters of a gimbal, and the Zhiyun simply works out of the box.

Just saying.

• @nomad thanks for pointing that out. I think the Zhiyun Crane uses "encoders" that adapt for small changes, instead of the whole rig freaking out/shaking. The NAB video here: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/234256#Comment_234256 The rep from Film Power talks about it in the new Nebula 5100 v.s the old 4000

It's all new to me, the tech is changing so fast, I missed the arrival of "encoders" to the mix. Thanks for pointing out your success using the Zhiyun Crane vs. your old (Pilotfly..?) H1