Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Ask developers of the Panasonic Lumix GH4, plus, answers about the m43 format
  • 130 Replies sorted by
  • Related to @igorek7 suggestion, when will Panasonic incorporate the newly announced USB 3.1 universal connector (doesn't make any difference which way it is plugged in, similar to the iPhone 5 and later connector)? Will Panasonic be a leader with it or wait until it is "established"?

• Probably rehashing, but..

any chance of ibis in gh5? why no 4/2/2 10-bit in camera? why no minimum shutterspeed w/auto iso?

• Reminder. This thread will be closing soon. Keep a lookout for the forthcoming answers from a compilation of these questions in a new thread appearing in personal-view in the very near future.

• Is there a technical reason Panasonic crops its raw files when choosing a non 4x3 aspect ratio when shooting stills? Could this be made an option in firmware to allow the fullsize raw image to be stored when selecting a different format for compositional purposes, say when shooting raw+jpeg?

• I really like my GH3 and have a GH4 ordered. My questions and wish list: Why not? UH-2 SD card interface, USB 3, HDMI 2, No limit on options to program Fn buttons, 4k at P60, 1080 P120, H.265, 2 battery add on grip, Affordable 1920x1080 (native) field monitor (F970 battery option), Wide angle 7-14 f/2.8 lens, 10-100 Power Zoom lens optimized for Video.

• +1 on an AF100/101 replacement... why not stuff the GH4 and YAGH in a camcorder format body with a nice m4/3 servo zoom?

• Will the motion in 24 fps be more smooth in the GH4? We sometimes have to settle for irregular shutter speeds (1/40, 1/30) to simulate cinematic movement. This of course, often, adds a little too much blur to the image.

• will an option for 720p120 be added?
    • is the 1080p96 really upscaled 720p?
    • what is the maximum write speed of the internal SD controller?
    • (is it hackable to CDNG?) :-P
  • Any plans to make a telephoto lens that is longer than 300mm?

• Will Panasonic add focus peaking to the GH3? If not, why not? If a $300 monitor can do it, then surely the GH3 can.

• I pretty much was hinted that there wasn't any updates on the 7-14 lens. Plus, I don't think there will many more Panny-Leica type lenses in the future. Take this with a grain of salt.

• Can/will Panasonic add 1080i50/60 and 1080p50/60 support to the GH3's ExTele mode?

• Related to @tosvus comment above, is it techically possible to/will Panasonic add 422 10-bit HDMI out to the GH3 as an option?

• THIS Q&A IS NOW CLOSED Closing date was Last friday!

• Answers will be appearing in a new thread within the next week or so. They are coming back from Japan.

• Thanks for collecting all of our questions and getting them to the right person!

• Are answers available, yet? Just checking if might have missed the relevant thread...

• Not yet Karl. As soon as I get them back they'll be up here.

• Any news? I would like to know their answers.

• Waiting on Japan. Ive asked UK to hurry this up.

• @driftwood: Your first post dates to the 1st of April. Guess it is about time to reveal the joke.

• @neveraholiday

Not a joke, just Nick and Panasonic guys are too busy now.

• Too busy doing what? Cost cutting? Layoffs? moving old stock? developing a firmware upgrade for the GH4? Developing a 7-14 f/2.8 lens?

• @RRRoger

Have no idea about Panasonic. Nick is busy with work and his personal projects.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions