Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @spreeni Thank you for evaluating the reliability of GOLGOP3-13. :-)

I am really interested in how you assess the quality of GOLGOP3-13, compared to Flowmotion.

Except reliability, it is based on each person's liking. "EX matrix" adopted in GOLGOP3-13 is optimized in 3GOP from "SednaAQ1C" of Nick. I like this matrix and recognize as my top-setting.

BTW, please also try previous GOLGOP3-13s by all means. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57882#Comment_57882 I think that this one may realize higher image quality from the latest version. It is under verification now.

• Thank you for explaining, so I will also try the older versions. The more I read the more do I think it's a work for many weeks to find the right settings. I admire your continuous work on it. Thanks for that.

• Some samples when frame errors on latest Valkyrie 444., recording of grass when there are too much details. Shot on 24H with Sandisk 95mb 32G. But with 24L is fine. Any ideas?

Screen shot 2012-11-19 at 9.07.40 PM.png
    1478 x 832 - 2M
    Screen shot 2012-11-19 at 9.08.24 PM.jpg
    764 x 426 - 206K
    Screen shot 2012-11-19 at 9.10.00 PM.png
    1486 x 831 - 2M
  • @everest_08 Many thanks for report again! :-)

Probably, I think that the cause of this is media player or the shortage of Power of PC. I receive the same report repeatedly. Which player are you using in PC?

• @spreeni If that is also still unstable, I will further adjust. Thank YOU. :-)

• @bkmcwd "BTW, please also try previous GOLGOP3-13s by all means. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57882#Comment_57882 I think that this one may realize higher image quality from the latest version. It is under verification now."

which exact version is it that has potentially better image quality? GOLGOP3-13_standard or GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard?

• @futur2 Sorry! My explanation was unclear.

Please try "GOLGOP3-13-A" or "GOLGOP3-13-MAX" from the URL. These are also most stable settings.

FYI, all the setting groups released after these and these are most stable. http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95703#Comment_95703

• @bkmcwd

I used "bkmcwd Valkyrie Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA" HBR(30p) mode.

I think this settings work good under conditions such as close-up shots.

Thanks for amazing quality settings and your hard work!!

*FILM MODE is NOS.(-2,0,+1,-2) and the lens is LUMIX G X VARIO 35-100mm/F2.8

*SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I (95MB/s) 64GB

• @har_k Thanks always mate! :-)

Yes, this setting is good for close-up shot especially in HBR, although 24p is all-around.

• @bkmcwd, I am using Mac quite powerful enough to edit FHD files. I use clipwrap to convert to .mov file. All other patch are working fine, from 176mb to 154mb but the 144mb in 24H don't work well as you can see the grabs, especially when shooting forest or grass with kit lense.

• @bkmcwd I have been shooting several object the past few days with Cinema Smooth TZ2 BETA and no crashes as of yet.

Edit: All tests have been done in HBR 30p

• @bkmcwd I'm messing around with some settings and was wondering if there is anyway to force the camera to use more bitrate other than lowering the Quantizer? Thanks!!

• @everest_08 OK, I got it. Could you give me error file? I would like to check it. Thanks! :-)

• @abraham1307

Thanks always for report! :-)

• @chazzmoe

anyway to force the camera to use more bitrate other than lowering the Quantizer?

The height of the appearing bit rate can be adjusted also with GOP tables. :-)

• Cool thanks Man!!

• @bkmcwd now i just realised the program that i convert the mts is not good enough. When i play the mts file everything is working fine. I currently using the Valkyrie 444 flat. Very nice patch indeed. But not flat enough is there another version after that?

• @everest_08 Since it seems that there is no cause in the setting, I have felt relieved. And, many thanks for evaluating Valkyrie. :-)

But not flat enough is there another version after that?

V2 of Valkyrie which adopted Flat4 matrix is the newest. UPDATE(2012/11/03):I have released Valkyrie Flat4 V2 'Apocalypse Now' with Driftwood's Flat 4 Matrix in all modeshttp://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95494#Comment_95494

Since there is also Valkyrie which adopted "444 matrix" and "Cinema Smooth matrix" as others, please try.

• Hello, I started to test your firmware, but I can not find mode HBR30p FSH, SH, HBR I only 25p Please tell me how to set the mode 30p

• @supercharger Thanks for testing my settings! :-)

but I can not find mode HBR30p FSH, SH, HBR I only 25p Please tell me how to set the mode 30p

Excuse me, I do not understand your meaning. Please refer to wiki, if it is an affair of the method of reading an ini file into PTool.

• I'm sorry I'm Russian, I use a translator. I set your hack this firmware http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/gh2.html. All set, I get a higher bit rate. But can not get 30p HBR, FSH, FH have 25p How do I get 30p?

• @supercharger

change to NTSC for 24p, 30p, 60p...

PAL for 25p, 50p... =o)

• Thank you, i beginner

• The following GOLGOP3-13 was done mostly. In this setting, though it is Freez-les, the bitrate must be still higher than previous versions, and I-frame size should also become large. If the result of this setting is good, I will be going to improve Valkyries similarly.

I can be going to release new GOLGOP3-13 tomorrow. :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters