Personal View site logo
EU: It looks like Belgian economy will restore quickly
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • @svart

It is easy to blame union :-)

Hostess Brands will move promptly to lay off most of its 18,500-member workforce and focus on selling its assets to the highest bidders

Very common thing, in 80s masters of mergers and cut and sale also liked to blame everyone, including unions.

I mean, they’ve taken our pensions away, we’ve had seven CEOs in the last 10 years; this company has been so mismanaged

Of course it was all unions.

• The problem with that thought is that selling to bidders never brings back the cost of the investment. What you are doing is trying to make the loss as small as possible.

• The problem with that thought is that selling to bidders never brings back the cost of the investment. What you are doing is trying to make the loss as small as possible.

Don't be so sure.

Get some good book on Michael Milken and Drexel Burnham Lambert.

• @svart

Also check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

It looks like you (and most US citizens) are on stages from one to three still.

Denial — "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me."
    Denial is usually only a temporary defense for the individual. This feeling is generally replaced with heightened awareness of possessions and individuals that will be left behind after death. Denial can be conscious or unconscious refusal to accept facts, information, or the reality of the situation. Denial is a defense mechanism and some people can become locked in this stage

I am now at last one :-)