Personal View site logo
The Fiscal Cliff For The Rest Of Us
  • 53 Replies sorted by
  • @stonebat

sound like a true sweatshop owner as usual!

...and you're still ignoring the truths of nature, evolution, and reality. :)

Just forget everything you've been indoctrinated with, and look at the world objectively. We're not all geniuses. We cannot all manage companies. We cannot all be doctors and scientists. I think the biggest flaw of the left-ist and progressive thinking, is this assumption that without "evil rich people" and "evil-institutions"... then everyone on earth would be living the equivalent life-style of $200k a year with 200+ vacation days. I mean come on... does this even sound close to reality? I'm not saying you, yourself, think this way... but I meet people all the time that truly believe this. It's bizarre. It's cognitive-dissonance... pure and simply. Basic psychology. What's easier for a persons ego to deal with?

And again, just because I... on a scientific and objective level... think that allot of people are not intellectually capable of more than average psychical labor, does not mean that I condone "sweat-shops". There is a BIG difference between civilly treating everyone as an equal in the workplace and society, which is good... and then ganging up and demanding that we're all entitled to equal everything... and that if someone has "more" than another, they must have acquired it immorality, and it should be stripped from them. The latter is very bad... it's not even close to rational.

I mean, can you rationally argue that with enough education and the right institutions that we're all capable of Einstein-like intelligence? Or Micheal Jordan-like athletics? Who taught all the geniuses throughout history then? How were they capable of surpassing what the "institutions" and the knowledge that "other people" were teaching them? How did anybody ever invent something? Who is holding the access to this secret trove of infinite knowledge and innovation that should be available for everybody? Well, guess what? It doesn't exist. Some people are just flat out better and smarter than most humans. They are the intellectual 1%. They did not "take intelligence" from others... they're were just born with more capability for it. Their peers all received the same opportunity and education, and they flat-out surpassed them. So what seems more rational? Ganging up and demanding that "we should all be equal" and then using that mentality to justify enslaving those who happen to be capable of more? Or allowing a economic system and society to function, which allows those with more potential to realize it, and make profitable the means to exploit it in improving the lives of everyone? I think we all know the answer... we've just been miss-lead down a darker road by people who wish to simply "own" the current means of production and invention... and do-away with competition from the rest of society. Stop trying to think of everything in terms of "moral and immoral" and go more towards what "is and isn't". Morals are subjective, they can be programmed to lead you away from your best interests, and sometimes what makes you "feel good" isn't what's right.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev

While it can be non zero game (as wealthy really print money), you'll have hard time competing with same individual who just happened to have more money. Why? Because he has certain advantages, main of this advantages is extra time he has (as he can delegate many things to other people, be it food preparation, home cleaning, faster transfort with driver, professionals in your field who help them on core competition task). Yes, some poor genius could still win in competition, it happens. But most of people will lose and will become just small screw in the machine working for rich people.

Yes. See, this is actually a good arguing point. And one I've been trying to tackle over the last year or so. Can individual and groups even invent on their own anymore? Are things just too complicated to tackle unless you have 100+ people working under you? These are valid questions to ask, and I definitely agree here. The solution as I see it though, is not that rich people exist... and not that they "stole" from everyone else. But that we don't have the right variety of "wealthy people" right now in the world. We don't have innovators anymore. We have schmoozers and people that simply inherited power. The question is not "How do we take all the wealth and give it to everyone?", but "How do we get wealth and resources to the "right" people again?"

• Whatever :)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

• Lol at anybody who thinks ANY politicians can create jobs and or save the economy. The time to act was 20 years ago nobody had the courage, the debt can has been kicked down the road too many times. The real cliff is the debt cliff and we already went off that. Good news is it was so damn high it's going to take a little while before we splat all over the ground.