Personal View site logo
Japan: Panasonic and Toshiba losses
  • Panasonic

Toshiba

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • Sharp Corp. (6753), the world’s worst- performing major stock, dropped in Tokyo trading after forecasting a record $5.6 billion full-year loss and saying there is “material doubt” about its ability to survive.

The shares fell as much as 5.3 percent to 160 yen and changed hands at 163 yen as of 10:00 a.m., extending this year’s decline to 76 percent, the worst performer among more than 1,600 companies in the MSCI World (MXWO) Index.

Btw, Sharp now not very sure if they'll survive at all :-)

• Panasonic is doing bad for sure. Hopefully they don't stop M43 innovations.

• Guys, as I said, it is offtopic.

It's funny that there seem enough foods and goods for most people only if fair sharing is possible. But the piling of debts. Blame the system? Or blame the debtors?

"Enough" is vague term. For you foods and goods that are available to most people on the planet are certainly not enough. Hence.. Yep, this is not capitalism, but human nature and this is called fight for food and resources. One who have more of this stuff (or who have colonies who have this stuff and supple it in exchange for "priceless" database records and treasures) live longer and better.

Piling of debts is just simple solution to complex problem that worked limited time (and everyone knew this). System is called capitalism.

Otherwise refer to my early posts.

• It's funny that there seem enough foods and goods for most people only if fair sharing is possible. But the piling of debts. Blame the system? Or blame the debtors?

If Darwin were alive today, he would be thrilled. Machine evolution is speeding up human evolution.

• www.ted.com/talks/laurie_santos.html Totally wired into monkey brains..

• @Gabo

I think all of it is really offtopic here.

While capitalism certainly uses many sides of numan nature it is not natural thing by itself, at all.

• I agree with @svart. The current criminal system is our human nature. This "capitalism thing" fits our soul.

Probably it's a massive load of bullshit. I just don't know.

Or perhaps, if Darwin was alive, he could give some light into this.

• @svart

Nope, it is bullshit.

• It's wired in our monkey brains to be this way.. :)

• I don't think it's a USA problem or Russia or Greece, or Japan, this is a human problem.

It is no way human problem, it is problem of current criminal system.

• Debt will be the death of all of us. Not enough money to pay your bills? Here, take this fake money to pay your bills and then owe us even more fake money that you don't have in the first place. I don't think it's a USA problem or Russia or Greece, or Japan, this is a human problem. We're all screwed.

• Look carefully in reports, all the increases are due to huge goverment spending.

Goverment tries now to keep corporations afloat, sending debt levels to the skies.