Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @peternap Your comment are persuasive, IMO. Thanks! :-)

• Although I have tried some new matrices for GOLGOP3-13, the matrix exceeding the present EX matrix is not found easily...

• @bkmcwd C1.5 14-140, 720-60 polarizer

720P is always the question with these settings for me. This was an exposure nightmare but I wanted to push it in post to see how it worked out. You really have a winner with 444 1.5 As shot and after a quick post

capital after post1.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    capital after post 2.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    capital after post_2.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    capital after post_3.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • I've been shooting a lot of samples lately using Valkyrie C1.5b and in my opinion its the best patch for what I do.

• @peternap Many thanks always! :-) I am glad so that the condition of C1.5b may be good.

@abraham1307 Thank you for using, although I cannot explain in English well. :-)

• I tested Valkyrie C1.5b in 24p, FSH and SH for spanning yesterday pointing camera to the TV while watching using Sandisk SDXC 64GB 95mbs and Panasonic 14-140 lens. All modes spanned with no problems.

• @bkmcwd. All my testing with Valkyrie ZERO2 444 C1.5b shows that this setting is very stable. Using Sandisk SDXC 64GB 95mbs card, I have not had any failures on all modes including spanning. In my opinion, you could call this version your final release if you like to. Thanks for all your hard work.

• @bkmcwd. If I understand it correctly, you used a softer matrix for C1.5b. Can you provide the sharper version of the C1.5b?

• Haven't had much time on my hands to edit everything that I have so i'm releasing a short version, but here is Valkyrie C1.5b in HBR 30p which in my opinion is awesome.

• @Zaven13 Many thanks for testing C1.5b and comment! :-)

Regarding spanning, I consider that it may not span depending on conditions.

In my opinion, you could call this version your final release if you like to.

If there is no report of freezing with 95MB/sSDXC, I think the same way.

Can you provide the sharper version of the C1.5b?

Of course, it is possible. However, since it may be widely different from the pure original matrix by Chris, I think that this is a limit. Although based on the lens used, in C1.4b, artifacts appears a little in HBR or 720p.

• @abraham1307 Many thanks for beautiful demonstration of C1.5b! :-)

• hey @bkmcwd we used c1.5b for all the interviews in our promo. we wanted to test no neatvideo denoising for this one. isos 800 & 1250. Great job. We're still testing the difference between standard mode and smooth. Any recommendations? Standard seemed like it had less noise but the skintones got weird. The video has a mix between smooth and standard. Can anyone guess the difference?

• @Monsterbox Many thanks for using Valkyrie and feedbacks! :-)

Since I almost use "Nos", I am not sure about recommendation in film modes. Of course in Nos, there are many noises...

• GH2 FLYCAM C5 Enoden 1 Day Ticket "Noriori-kun" 2012.10.26

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA 3 Candidate 2

• @eiji1783 Thanks always, mate. Your steadicam work is GREAT as usual! :-)

• Hello all,

is there anyone who has done some extended testing with these new patches and settings more specifically on human subjects; especially CU's? I am going to run some various tests in different lighting settings very soon but it would be helpful to hear about some of the findings of other people. It would be helpful to know which patches and which settings are worth testing and which aren't.

I'm equally interested in some opinions about how the GH2 interacts with sharp and less sharp lenses and how much the lens is able to influence the image coming out of the cam. I've read that the in camera processing has quite a dramatic effect on the image so is it still 'better' (read: price vs. quality) to go for an expensive set of lenses or can the same quality (more or less) be achieved with the standard kit lenses? I will also run some tests with some expensive canon lenses and let you know about my experience with them.

Lastly; would you prefer a less sharp lens with an image that has digital sharpening or a very sharp lens with no digital sharpening? In theory the latter sounds more 'appropriate' but as has been shown countless of times; theory isn't practice. In the end you have to trust on your eyes, I think.

If this post isn't regarded as being appropriate for this thread, I shall remove it to somewhere else.

• @2many

It is a big welcome that you test my settings. However, since it seems that it is necessary to also test other persons' settings, this thread may not be suitable. How about consulting with @Vitaliy_Kiselev?

• @2many

Thanks for PM. I sent a reply. :-)

• @bkmcwd I'm back from the dead. Loaded C1.5b for a short psycho movie with lots of low light :) First test shots look very decent, but it is hard to judge details etc since most shots are with a 1/10th shutter for the jitter effect. I'll see if I can find something usable for your evaluation. If not, the next shoot will include more "proper" shots. Thanks for your relentless hard work!

• @Tobsen

I'll see if I can find something usable for your evaluation. If not, the next shoot will include more "proper" shots.

Please tell me your impressions of it. And, you can get an appropriate sample, I'd like to see it. :-)

• @Tobsen "since most shots are with a 1/10th shutter for the jitter effect"

Doesn't make sense. 1/10th shutter is > 360 deg. Which in a way is nonsense (the camera would probably have to limit to max <= 360 deg). For jitter you want shutter phase < 180 deg. i.e. Shutter speed something faster than 1/(2*frame_speed)

• @dancerchris I guess I mixed up vocabulary - not a native! Shutter speed 1/10 produces more blurred motion, not jitter. This is what I meant and what we shot. Thanks for pointing it out.

• @Tobsen I guess you were talking about the frame rate, the lower the frequency, the greater the effect of jelly "rolling shutter".

• Since I received the report that HBR of GOLGOP3-13 Candidate3 in NTSC froze, I am improving it now.

And I am also advancing preparation of 'Cbrandin Cinema Smooth Matrix' version of Valkyrie. :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters