Personal View site logo
Noobie here with a few questions
  • Hello all, I am a bit new to this forum. While I have been tracking driftwood/cbrandin progress with the recent GH2 Apocalypse patches, I haven't been quite vocal.

Anyway, being a student studying film/animation, I found that the GH2 was the perfect choice for me to experiment with cinematography and filming my own short stories. I bought this wonderful camera back in July and I absolutely love it.

Now, I have been searching around the forums reading up on many different types of lenses, filters, etc, and have took in quite a bit of knowledge over the past few months.

Recently I purchased a Century Optics 1.33x adapter (focus through), and from what I have read up on this lens, it is wonderful for run-and-gun type work. Now here are my questions pertaining to this anamorphic; I understand that this adapter combined with a Tokina achromatic diopter is an absolute gem, however, I cannot find this diopter anywhere, and I understand it is incredibly hard to find.

I have however, found a few achromatic diopters manufactured from Century Optics, but I cannot find much reviews or opinions on this diopter in conjunction with there anamorphics. Would the two make a good fit in terms of image quality? Or should I invest in some other achromatic diopter?

I am sorry if this has already been covered, but all I seem to find is information pertaining to diopters with a LA7200 and other lenses, nothing specifically about the Century Optics.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • thank you sir, I do not know how I missed that topic. I'll read up.