Noise free ISO 12800

Sony VG1000 = full frame with APS crop

Lumix GH4 = micro four thirds

Nikon debuts camcorder world with FF sensor: FD600

Canon unveils F500, F300 and F100 full frame Cinema DSLR

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • Uh what? I don´t get it..

Predictions for 2014?

• Yep h265 (HEVC High Efficiency Video Coding) will be ratified by January 2013 and implemented in all new Cameras/camcorders/ and of course 4K devices by early 2014 - the codec wars begin again. Basically, HEVC achieves around 50% bit rate reduction while maintaining the same subjective video quality relative to its predecessor H.264/AVC (they're gonna need it for 4k).

At the moment trial-outs of h265 seem pretty scarce but people are beginning to announce things. Main Concept for example.

http://www.mainconcept.com/press/single-view/article/rovi-debuts-mainconcept-branded-codec-for-hevc-standard.html

x265 also has been rushed out by an unknown (x264 people will probably be unhappy with this?)

http://code.google.com/p/x265/

• @apefos

Really, what is this?

• GH4? I think will be called GH5.

• this is just supposition, kicking prediction...

• @apefos

OK, we'll call it "far predictions or near fantasies".

• This post I did in a moment I was desiring a perfect camera. But no problem, even because I am stopping desiring things that does not exist or that is expensive or that is not wort the effort.

I was watching tv and I listened one talent saying: "Happiness is something that is always beyond what we have achieved."

This made me start to feel more happy with things I can use now, deal with the limitations and free my mind for other things.

I am a low budget who came from a VHS video and 35mm Film SLR background, so inexpensive Full HD digital DSLR with all it's imperfections is more than great for me.

• if this is a topic for our hopes of the gh4.....well...

2k or more (not a major concern of mine, just thought I would put it because its becoming the new standard it seems) raw no moire/aliasing 422 120fps 144mbs or just come stock with sedna a equal or better image stabilizer that olympus/sony uses (I would bet this will become reality) and a SLIGHTLY bigger body than the gh3 (but to fit all of my request i'm sure it would require a bigger body)

if the gh4 comes close to these specs I would be more than willing to pay $2000-$2500

• I agree with everything the original poster suggested, but now I'd like to add my own suggestions:

Better highlights like its competitor 5D (Mark II, III)

Higher FPS, whether you're in PAL land or not. We shouldn't let such stupid taxation laws affect our industry the way it does. It's absurd. No one benefits from it, as far as I can see.

Perhaps it should be sharper too. It's logical to increase a camera's sharpness when the resolution gets upped. Who wants an ugly soft 4k image? With muddy-looking spots everywhere in your actors' hair?

We should have more, interesting and advanced picture profiles as well, like with the AF100. Basically, some of the more popular features in the AF100 should be transferred to the GH3's successor. That is if it is ever made.

A reasonable price. That is the same price as the GH3. Or as stated just above me around 2000. But not 2500. I should be 1500-2000 in my opinion.

Stay creative, - Lukas