Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • @Neverprod

Unfortunately, you do not understand things you are talking about.

Your claims are just inaccurate.

• I was talking about the OLED problem and not the another screen technology, i know the RGB/RGBB/RGBW (also Full RGB Led for the LCD and co)

But if you want to win in resolution and keep good information on the oled you need to use the green pixel that lead a push up in term of resolution and details.

• @Neverprod

And? I told, link me to the proof that this screen shares green pixel (like Samsung Pentile). It is just link to absolutely unrelated paper.
    Special for you - such screens exist, but also exist many screens that do not share greed diods.
    Also exist different pixels structures - RGB, RGBB, RGBW.

• @Neverprod

How about not to rephrase that had been said few posts above?

Just to inform that the green share two pixel (we are more receptive to the green color)

Link to proof of such claim?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

It's because the blue is most energy intensive from the three reproduction (red/green/blue), it's a know problem for over year now that as been fixed first by LG and Sony/Samsung follow after all, microled is a french manufacturer that also work for the army technology.

Just to inform that the green share two pixel (we are more receptive to the green color)

• @bheath Expensive and cheap are all relative. I lent one of my compacts to a homeless friend for several months. I thought of the camera as relatively inexpensive. For him it would have been a huge purchase - some days he would play guitar for 8 to 11 hours on the street and barely make enough to buy food. Others he would be lucky enough to make somewhere around minimum wage.

So for some people, it is a big purchase, even if it is very inexpensive compared to what someone used to have to buy (and still may, depending on the aesthetic, etc.).

• is it that big of a $ risk to try out a new digital motion picture camera? They (the digital megacorps) are working harder than Eastman/Kodak ever did to make 'cinemaphotograffff-hers' happy. Many times, I've spent twice the cost of one dslr camera testing film stocks in the rental house in one afternoon, only to find out I was the person who didn't know the intention of the film engineers. I hear of people getting refunds for cameras they don't like?! Ha! Jeeze! Just give'r and try it out. It's not a big -mortgage-your-farm deal. Buy then try. Crikey!

• @hoodlum

It is marketing fluff. In reality it is lower res display. And two blue pixels are here because it is most trouble making ones (they do not have enough brightness, or die very fast). Samsung solved this, Sony also. But not this guys.

• Maybe not lower resolution if you believe marketing.

http://www.oled-info.com/oled-info-interview-microoleds-ceo

Q: Sony and eMagin are already producing higher resolution microdisplays (even HD ones). Do you think there's still a market for WVGA resolution displays?

A: Actually we are looking at the number of independent pixels, and our 0.38" 1.7m pixels microdisplay has more pixels than a SVGA and in addition it is more compact. Our customers constantly remark upon the benefit of this high pixel density because the results are very visible. Some are even using our 1.7m pixel microdisplay as a reference in resolution and have begun choosing it over a competing XGA OLED microdisplay. This is due to the fact that we have very fine pixels.

• @hoodlum

Big thanks for interesting link. I'll need special tech page about gh3 in wiki.

It also means that GH3 viewfinder is actually LOWER resolution

As OLED EVF used has 1744000 dots / 4 (RGBB) = 436 000 pixels (not even 800x600 as in GH1 and other cameras)

Instead GH2 one has 852×600 resolution with 511 200 pixels.

Funny, isnt't it?

• @thepalalias

Nikon still thinks that they make sensors for their cameras and not Sony. :-)

• @hoodlum @diffusion33

Everyone at Panasonic has either said no comment or that it is a Panasonic developed sensor in the interviews so far. Not saying it is true, just that there have been official denials apparently. I think at least one is listed at 43Rumours.com

• @all_lazy

How about support the guys who work for you?

@TraumManufaktur @Igorek7 @AKED

Good work.

• The same sensor as the E-M5 based on exact same MP size, same Moire, same 240fps sensor readout and other hints.

• From all the hints we are getting, it really look like a sony sensor, that is why it is so different.

• You know i've been thinking about it and I think this new sensor is probably the one they intended for a new AF200, but since that product line didn't catch on I think they adopted it for the new GH3. It fits the job for video and might explain why they moved away from the MAR GH2 sensor. Perhaps this one was far along on the development path and just made sense to use it. Just speculating, but I thought it would explain the completely different Sensor we're seeing.

• Panasonic stole the show!!!

• If the GH3 could do this...

vimeo.com/23087976

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPa6vNYFe-w

...THAT would get my attention.

Having graded a lot of Canon Cinestyle pics....Damn I miss this on the GH2!!!

• @tron hopefully not!!! I think technology is moving so fast these days that hopefully the people at Olympus are going to put the fear into panasonic with their PRO OM-D. Panasonic raised the bar with the GH2 and now with the GH3 other manufactures are taking notice (They might even hear our voice) and jump on the band wagon and provide us with what we want, wouldn't be too surprised to see souped up A99 in 2013....

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions